300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Cop Movie

Sorry if this has been asked before...but what are your favorite cop movies?Which have the most accurate portrayal of the life of a cop?

Originally posted by Chota74 View Post
    Which have the most accurate portrayal of the life of a cop?
    There's the one that opens with a tight shot of the suspect's bloody hands, handcuffed behind him. An officer's hand, dirty with skinned knuckes, is holding each elbow. The camera stays tight on the hands; the lighting and sound of footsteps change as they walk into the the station, down corridors, into the jail and into the booking cage.
    For the next six hours the officers write reports, fill out evidence tags, drink bad coffee and suffer interruptions from fools who want to know what happened.

Darn...what's the name of that movie?

Oh yeah, nobody's made it yet.

Comment

My favorite cop movie is "L.A. Confidential". I don't think any cop movie I've ever seen was realistic.....Way too much drama. The most realistic thing that the show biz folks have ever come up with was, and is, "Barney Miller".

Comment

I'm going to have to go with "Last Action Hero", one of the most realistic and gritty portrayals of police work to have ever hit the silver screen.
        never forget: www.odmp.org

"In peace time our best still don battledress and lay their lives on the line"

Comment

As to correct portrayal of an incident, The Onion Field was by7 far the most accurate.

For comedy but truth, The New Centurians started it all and was fantastic.

For action, nothing beat the Dirty Harry Series.

For television series, Hill Street Blues was a classic many cops watched on their dinner break or squad room TV. It was mandatory viewing.

Recently, I loved Third Watch. Never missed it.
          The All New
          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by Seventy2002 View Post
            There's the one that opens with a tight shot of the suspect's bloody hands, handcuffed behind him. An officer's hand, dirty with skinned knuckes, is holding each elbow. The camera stays tight on the hands; the lighting and sound of footsteps change as they walk into the the station, down corridors, into the jail and into the booking cage.
            For the next six hours the officers write reports, fill out evidence tags, drink bad coffee and suffer interruptions from fools who want to know what happened.

Darn...what's the name of that movie?

Oh yeah, nobody's made it yet.
            The All New
            BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
            Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
            - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

favorite TV comedy: COPS
              Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Training day

ok not realistic, but it's still one of my fav's.

Yeah, Seventy2002, the movie that has 10 minutes of good action, then the rest filled with paperwork...coffee, stupid calls...back to paperwork, interrupted with more stupid calls...then paperwork again.
                It's better to be tried by twelve than carried by six...

Comment

The Departed was pretty dang good, but really none of the LE movies out there are accurate. Still fun to watch 'em though.
                  I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Ten10 View Post
                    Training day

Yeah, Seventy2002, the movie that has 10 minutes of good action, then the rest filled with paperwork...coffee, stupid calls...back to paperwork, interrupted with more stupid calls...then paperwork again.
                    lol...Man I hated that movie.

Best cop movie...or best movie I should say is The Departed. Colors is also a great movie. Those two would be my favorite cop movies.

Comment

Colors

I'm lookin' forward to American Gangster with Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe.
                      Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

I kinda liked "Turner and Hooch."

Comment

The first fifteen "Police Academy" films, but after that they kind of went downhill as far as realism is concerned.
                          I miss you, Dave.
                          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Colors

Originally posted by barkalot View Post
                            Colors

I'm lookin' forward to American Gangster with Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe.
                            I totally agree many of the hollywood movies about police work aren't accurate. The movie COLORS with liberal Sean Penn and Robert Duval is probably the most accurate one about working in a city environment though LA is another world all together. There used to be a tv show called "High Incident" with Blair Underwood and Brian Keith that was also close to realistic. Sometimes Unfortunately "RENO 911" is so funny because to a degree it is accurate.
                            "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

true facts of life

Originally posted by Ten10 View Post
                              Training day

Training day put it out there for many with the absolute fact of life that sometimes to stop the "wolves" you have to be like one.
                              "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12522 users online. 500 members and 12022 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X