300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding issue that happened

I just sent in my background investigation packet to the New Jersey state police and I disclosed an issue that I have in my past.

Last year I bargain shopped at CVS pharmacy and was able to purchase large amount of items for free or little money. I used legitimate coupons and their rewards program. Because I purchased a large amount of items, they stated that they longer would like me to shop at their stores. I followed all their store polices and regulations and did nothing illegal. I know that it is a private property and they can refuse me from shopping at CVS, but do you think this will look bad for me during my background? I didnt have to disclose this in my background investigation, but I did it because I felt that I would rather be honest with it and that I have nothing to hide about it.

Based on your description of the matter, this was nothing more than a business dispute that did not involve any violation of law, or reflect unfavorably upon your character or your ability to perform the duties of a police officer. Why in the world would you disclose something like that? Was there a question in the background package that even remotely asked about such a situation?
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Assuming it happened like you said it did, you should have nothing to worry about.

Comment

I agree with L-1. If everything you said is accurate, you shouldnt have said anything. You are being too paranoid. There was no violation of a law, and you did everything legal so I hope it doesnt hurt you when there was no need to mention it.

Comment

B/I's are not mind readers! You did nothing to violate any law so I wouldn't have said a thing unless they asked, but why would they? It's good to be honest but you don't have to disclose every time you took a cookie without permission.
          Good luck!
          "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

You did the right thing by disclosing the matter. There was probably something in the packet about "personal or business disputes", and if not, you will probably be asked that question at some point. Since the goal of the BI investigator is to talk to everyone you ever knew, he will probably talk to someone who knows about it. The incident sounds like it was really no big deal and it would be stupid to get turned down for "failure to disclose" it.

A true forward thinker would have listed it under "special skills" thereby demonstrating the ability to live on a law enforcement salary.

Comment

Depending on WHAT items you were purchasing in large quantities there may be some questions. Many items purchased at drug stores are used in the manufacture and distributing of narcotics. If this was the basis for the stores request that you no loger do business with them, then there may be more questions about it. If it was simply because you bought out their stock of cotton balls and band-aids then don't sweat it.
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
              8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

The reason I disclosed the information was because I had to provide all the websites that I belong to and one of the websites I used to gather information and research upcoming promotions has we talking about what happenned. Regarding the items that I bought, it was just toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes, and female products.

Comment

What did you do, purchase a bunch of stuff with discount coupons and then return it when price was normal and claim you had no reciept to show you paid full price ?

If it was so "on the up and up", why the guilty conscience I wonder ?
                  "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

No, I kept all the items that I bought. I dont have a guilty conscience. I just feel that I would rather tell everything instead of not saying something and then asked why I didnt mention it.

Comment

There are people who are so good at bargain hunting and coupon clipping that when they leave the grocery store, the store owes them money.

That is not a crime, nor is it an integrity issue. Same goes for the IRS, is it illegal to take advantage of their rules (i.e.- deductions) to pay them less tax? No. It is shopping smart. Good for you.

EDJ
                      "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

This is what I did.

Lets say a promotion for a week would be Buy Colgate Toothpaste for $2.00 and receive $2.00 off your next purchase. The limit on this promotion is unlimited. So if you use a manufactures coupon (lets say its $1.00 off one Colgate toothpaste) to buy the toothpaste, you will only pay $1.00, but get a $2.00 off your next purchase. I would then use my $2.00 off your next purchase and buy 2 toothpastes and use 2 manufactures coupon (lets say its $1.00 off one Colgate toothpaste). My total would be $2.00 before i use my $2.00 off your next purchase. Once I use that, my total would be $0.00 and I will get a $4.00 off your next purchase. I would just keep on doing this until I ran out of coupons or if the store ran out of stock. All my coupons were legitimate and I followed all the rules.

So I would be able to get unlimited amount of toothpaste for only a purchase price of $1.00 because of the first one I bought.

I hope you guys can understand this.

Comment

Originally posted by rmboy211 View Post
                          This is what I did.

Lets say a promotion for a week would be Buy Colgate Toothpaste for $2.00 and receive $2.00 off your next purchase. The limit on this promotion is unlimited. So if you use a manufactures coupon (lets say its $1.00 off one Colgate toothpaste) to buy the toothpaste, you will only pay $1.00, but get a $2.00 off your next purchase. I would then use my $2.00 off your next purchase and buy 2 toothpastes and use 2 manufactures coupon (lets say its $1.00 off one Colgate toothpaste). My total would be $2.00 before i use my $2.00 off your next purchase. Once I use that, my total would be $0.00 and I will get a $4.00 off your next purchase. I would just keep on doing this until I ran out of coupons or if the store ran out of stock. All my coupons were legitimate and I followed all the rules.

So I would be able to get unlimited amount of toothpaste for only a purchase price of $1.00 because of the first one I bought.

Hey sounds to me like you found a flaw in their coupon and took advantage, nothing wrong with that. Just like the kid who cracked the I-Phone...not illegal...I wouldn't worry about it at all.
                          It's better to be tried by twelve than carried by six...

Comment

Thats how I feel. I really hope that is how it is looked at.

Comment

Originally posted by rmboy211 View Post
                              This is what I did.

Crap......I would hire you just because you were smarter than a lot of people around......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2931 users online. 178 members and 2753 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X