Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many people did you lose in your academy?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many people did you lose in your academy?

ok, my academy started off with 32 people and about half way through, we still have 32 people. There is 2 people that are borderline to failing

so how many people did your class lose, and was it due to academics, pt, personal reasons, or some other reason

MY class had 96 the first day. 84 graduated and 5 months later I believe about 60 of us remain in the business. The job is not for everyone. Most failed due to the PT.
    My worst day as a police officer is a million times better than the best day on any other job!

RIP Joseph Bokholdt 2-14-1983 to 5-27-2008.

Comment

We started with 42 and ended with 26.

Comment

We started with 17 and graduated 13. One dropped out on the first day and the other three failed the initial PT test.

Comment

We started with 32, I believe. We graduated with 2 less than we started with. One dropped out in the first week due to personal reasons, the second failed on the day before graduation (he couldn't pass his deadly force scenario and was slapped in the face by the guy he should have shot).

Most of the people I graduated with still work in LE and I know of a few who got out because it wasn't for them.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Guams View Post
            We started with 32, I believe. We graduated with 2 less than we started with. One dropped out in the first week due to personal reasons, the second failed on the day before graduation (he couldn't pass his deadly force scenario and was slapped in the face by the guy he should have shot).

Most of the people I graduated with still work in LE and I know of a few who got out because it wasn't for them.

wow, that is a real bummer, to make it that far and to get booted a day before graduation

luckily, we will have find out if we are going to graduate or not a week before graduation

Comment

We started with 78, gained 2 about half way through and graduated with 50.
              "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

We started with 50 - lost one on the first day and one near the end. 48 graduated.
                summer - winter - work

Comment

We lost about 8 out of 64...

This is an estimate. It was about 8 years ago.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

We started with 38. We graduated with 30. Then 25 made it through the field training stage.
                    The Republicans need to shrug off this Christian Coalition noose it has placed around its own neck and recognize the fact that, though they may not realize it, the majority of Americans are actually quite libertarian in their philosophy. They also need to learn to fight once in a while. What a bunch of wimps.
                    -Neal Boortz

Comment

First academy one was 6 out of 30, second one was 13 out of 50.

Comment

We started out with 52 and graduated 29.

One guy got off the plane, saw the rest of us doing push ups (yes, we had to do disciplinary push ups at the airport), and got right back on again.

Comment

Started: 70 plus

Graduated: Just under 50

Lost most from injuries and then academics.

Comment

failure rate

My academy class started with a little more than 60 and ended up graduating 52. Since 1993 my experience as an instructor is that about 10% -15% is the failure rate.

PT....firearms....academics

Comment

I'll be applying to WA state academy soon. How hard is the PT? I can hold more than my own in Army PT. Is police PT harder? The last PT test I did was 71 pushups in 2 min. 54 situps in 2 min and 16:05 for the 2 mile run.
                              In my battery in basic training, we started with 147, with 93 graduating.
                              And shepards we shall be for Thee my Lord for Thee
                              Power hath decended forth from Thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
                              So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4628 users online. 232 members and 4396 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X