300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Border Patrol Question

Howdy, folks. I've recently started looking at the US Border Patrol as a potential employer. I've been in the Marines for over 3 years and have about 1 and a half years left.

Will my time in the Marines help me get hired even if I don't have any military LE experience?

What are my odds of getting stationed outside of CA? I'm way too pro-2A to stay here after my enlistment so WA, MT, ND, AZ, TX, and AK are high on my list and CA is on the very very bottom of my list.

How much does college (or lack thereof) have to do with the selection process?

To those of you who are CBP, what did you do before you were hired by CBP and what do you like and dislike about your job?

HonorFirst.com has all the info you will need and then some...

Comment

I was Customs Investigations (now I.C.E.), but worked quite a bit with BP. Generally good folks, we all had common goals. You must enjoy working nights, out of doors.
      Most of them are Pro-2nd Amendment, most are shooters of some sort, and the odds are good of getting assigned to either Texas, AZ., or NM.
      Go for it.
      And yes, your Mil. time does get you some small preference in hiring.

And thank you for your service to our country.
      "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
      John Stuart Mill

Comment

OP Here. I'll ask another question in the same thread.

I heard that the BP is phasing out the Beretta's in favor of the P2000 (I think that's it). If you have a sidearm that you regularly carry and like it, can you carry that instead? When do you have the opportunity to carry long guns (and what long guns do you carry)?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaryq View Post
          I heard that the BP is phasing out the Beretta's in favor of the P2000 (I think that's it). If you have a sidearm that you regularly carry and like it, can you carry that instead? When do you have the opportunity to carry long guns (and what long guns do you carry)?
          We carry the P2000. No, you can't carry whatever you want. However, you can take out a long gun anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
            We carry the P2000. No, you can't carry whatever you want. However, you can take out a long gun anytime.
            What long guns are availible?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4111 users online. 250 members and 3861 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X