300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common rookie mistake?

What are the most common rookie mistakes you have seen the rookies fresh out of the academy commit while on duty during you career as a LEO????

as I will be a Rookie next year a.k.a. F.N.G so I figure I try to see what are the most common mistakes that rookies commit, because I'm pretty sure I will make a few mistakes as a Rookie too.

Thank you in advance for all useful comments.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
    What are the most common rookie mistakes you have seen the rookies fresh out of the academy commit
    Run-on sentences.
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Screwing up the coffee order

Comment

Failure to engage.
        Fear of going hands-on
        Failure to search
        Lack of respect for one's senior peers.
        "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Originally posted by timmyturner View Post
          Screwing up the coffee order

That was a great one-liner, thanks Timmy!

EDJ
          "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

The desire to drive fast to a call. For the most part, arriving an additional 10 or 15 minutes later to a call will not effect the outcome of that call. Watch out for yourself and arrive there safely.

Comment

Thinking that you know EVERYTHING...you went to an academy...you don't know squat...correction: You know just enough to get yourself hurt.

LISTEN to what the more experienced Officers tell you.
              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Don't touch your FTO's radio.

Comment

Trusting the general public too much. I always tell the guys that I am training, "Everybody lies."
                  "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

Running your mouth before you've earned the right. Rookies need to be seen, not heard.
                    \

Comment

DRIVING!!!
                      Talking on the radio too much
                      Lack of experience in dealing with the professional liars masquerading as the law abiding citizens of the republic

These problems get solved within a couple of weeks

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Thinking that since they went to the academy they know how to do EVERYTHING, and that its right.

Comment

Rather than concentrating on mistakes, perhaps you'll indulge a Limey FTO. The three rules I teach:

1. Always know where you are.
                          2. Don't be afraid to ask.
                          3. Remember it's a contact sport.
                          I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockney Corner. View Post
                            Rather than concentrating on mistakes, perhaps you'll indulge a Limey FTO. The three rules I teach:

Excellent advice even for Yanks!

And for the problem I'm having with my current trainee. The top of the map is North, the left is West, the right is East, and the bottom South.
                            Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Cockney Corner. View Post

Wow......in the fours years that I've been employed in the LE career field, you just boiled it down to 3 simple things.....for and I wish i had thought of this long before actually began in it.
                              You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3993 users online. 219 members and 3774 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X