300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerned about my weight/size

I'm a little concerned about my size. What is some of you guy's height and weight? Do you bigger officers look down on someone smaller in size?

I am 5'11" 165lbs in good shape. I can surely hold my own but the majority of officers seem to be a lot bigger then me. I am very good with words too so many times I do not have to use physical force.

Just curious

5'11" and 165lbs is not small.

Comment

Cops, like any other occupation, come in all shapes and sizes. At 5' 11", you will be shorter than some, yet taller than others. No one will look down on you. If you feel "smaller" in size, your frame could probably accommodate a few pounds of muscle.
      "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

So long as you can swell up as needed, you're good. But 5'11" 160? That's about average I think. Of course, everyone is tiny to me.
        The All New
        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

I'm 5'8 145ish... I know the feeling! BTW, I've never had anyone say a word to me about my size... I don't know what they may say behind my back but usually if a fellow officer sees a flaw in you, it will be made clear.

Just do it like this... The big muscular bound guy is working out in the gym with you, he is 6'0 220lbs and his bench press is maxing out at 250. You walk up at your size or my size and put up 220. You are doing 140% of your body weight and he is doing 115% of his... Pound for pound, you get the last laugh!

Comment

Along the same lines...what about 5'5", 110 lbs?
            "When people show you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

Comment

All during my career I maintained 190# on a 6'-0" frame. We won't discuss my now! My brother held 150# on a 6'-2" frame. I don't think you are out of shape. Cannot comment on your condition however. But, if you work out, I am certain you will be fine.
              Last edited by SgtCHP; 07-31-2007, 04:17 PM.
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by FordMustang View Post
                I'm a little concerned about my size. What is some of you guy's height and weight? Do you bigger officers look down on someone smaller in size?

I am 5'11" 165lbs in good shape. I can surely hold my own but the majority of officers seem to be a lot bigger then me. I am very good with words too so many times I do not have to use physical force.

Just curious
                Workout to maintain conditioning. 5'11, 165? Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by FordMustang View Post
                  I am 5'11" 165lbs in good shape. I can surely hold my own but the majority of officers seem to be a lot bigger then me.
                  They seem big to you? I'm 5'8" and 130lbs. I've never had any problems... well... except that my department doesn't have a shirt small enough for me.

Don't worry about your size, you say you're in a good shape so you shouldn't have any problems.
                  sigpic

Comment

At 6'1 and 240, I think I have more to be concerned about. Working on it!

Comment

Originally posted by FordMustang
                      Do you bigger officers look down on someone smaller in size?
                      At 5'11", I'ld just about look straight at you.
                      Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                      So long as you can swell up as needed, you're good. But 5'11" 160? That's about average I think. Of course, everyone is tiny to me.
                      Yeah. we don't have very many that you wouldn't look down on I think.

Take care all ........
                      "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

5'6" and 140. no problems here other than the occasional rib jab by my partner. All in good spirit though

Comment

Originally posted by Sully49 View Post
                          Along the same lines...what about 5'5", 110 lbs?

Any takers on my stats? I mean I'm smaller than everyone here it sounds like.
                          "When people show you who they are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

Comment

Sorry, Sully49, but you're puny. haha

Comment

to add on to this subject:

it seems that alot of LE agencies i am applying to use the old height/weight scale or the Body Mass Index chart. I have a degree in Exercise Science and one thing i learned in school was that neither the height/weight charts or BMI accurately reflect a person who has an athletic muscular body type. I am 6'2 240lbs with 12% body fat. Now i could certaintly drops some lbs before entering into the academy, getting down to about 220. But getting down to 209lbs for me, i look like one of the Olson Twins or something!!

give me your feedback,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10732 users online. 430 members and 10302 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X