Badge Number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badge Number

Curious. Do you get to choose the number, or is it assigned? Is it even an option?

Badge numbers are the same as the ID number on the California Highway Patrol. They are issued to officer upon their graduation from the academy and the badge number remains with the officer through any or all promotions
    (The department has the "RANK" banner changed).

The number is retired when the officer retires, dies, resigns from the department or is separated for any other reason. If retired a new banner is added to the top of the badge that reads "RETIRED" and the badge is re-presented to the employee.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

We get our number on hiting, and we stay with it until retirement. Detectives used to be issued another #, but we changed that about 10 years ago.

Comment

bage numbers are not given...they are earned....

GS

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
          Badge numbers are the same as the ID number on the California Highway Patrol. They are issued to officer upon their graduation from the academy and the badge number remains with the officer through any or all promotions
          (The department has the "RANK" banner changed).

The number is retired when the officer retires, dies, resigns from the department or is separated for any other reason. If retired a new banner is added to the top of the badge that reads "RETIRED" and the badge is re-presented to the employee.

Same in Arizona. My badge number will always be mine, and mine alone.

Comment

Badge Number

Alabama DPS has badges, but no badge numbers. Each Arresting Officer is assigned an Arrest Number. This number stays with him/her throughout their tenure with the department. When the Officer is seperated from the service, through resignation, or upon retirement, the Arrest Number is also "Retired". Each retiring Officer is awarded his/her badge with rank indicated, as well as a Retired ID Card, and service pistol.

Comment

My badge number was completely different from my city-ID number. Then, after a silly little promotion, I got a different badge number to go along with the new rank. The badge number gives the public something to identify you, that's all.

Comment

My badge number is my call sign and my employee number. I was allowed to pick from a few options, but the pickings grew slimmer as the officers made thier way to the supply clerk who issued us all our gear. The last guy who went was left with the remaining number. There was no rhyme or reason to how we were sent up to supply. It was essentially random.

Comment

Our numbers are our employee numbers and are given when we are hired. It stays the same until you leave.

Comment

Since the begining our our department (1973) evryone hired, both commisioned and civilian, are issued a personnel number. We commonly refer to it as a "P-Number." It started with 1, and we recently surpassed 10,000.
                    We use that as our badge number, so to speak.

Comment

Our badge number and our employee number are the same one. Never reproduced.
                      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by LuvedMyMotor View Post
                        My badge number was completely different from my city-ID number.
                        Same here.
                        I miss you, Dave.
                        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

At LAPD, our badges were just handed out with no choice offered to us. We stood alphabetically in line to get them and they were handed our numerically. Badges don't match our employee ID numbers which is how we are tracked throuought our careers.

There are rare exceptions, wherein a parent can pass his/her badge number along to a son/daughter, if the parent has promoted upwards. That used to mean that a dad who was a policeman, could get his son to wear his policeman badge, while all his classmates were wearing police officer badges. That has since been been changed, where the department will get the badge company to create a new police officer badge, with the old policeman's badge number.
                          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid View Post
                            Curious. Do you get to choose the number, or is it assigned? Is it even an option?
                            I requested 666, but it was taken.
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by C-Charlie42 View Post
                              Our numbers are our employee numbers and are given when we are hired. It stays the same until you leave.
                              and we don't have any actual numbers on our badge...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6796 users online. 243 members and 6553 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X