300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DQ'ed Question

Its been a week since I've had my med exam and failed my color vision test. Is my BI going to let me know if I'm DQ'ed or just avoid me? I've left him one message last week and another one today and not one call back. He's usually good about getting back to me, but since this med exam, nothing. I dont want to be going down to the station and seem like I'm stalking him for answers. Any advice would be helpfull. Maybe its nothing.
    On payroll and new Recruit.

6 Aug start date OCSD academy. (Cypress PD)

It is unlikely that your background investigator will discuss this issue with you at all. Because medicals have nothing to do with the backgrounds, most BIs will not interject themselves into an area of the hiring process that is someone else's responsibility.

Eventually you should receive a letter from the department stating that you will not be continuing further in the hiring process.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

DQed Question

Previous post is 100% correct. The Background Investigation and the Medical Exam, are two distinct phases of the hiring process. The Background Investigator would have no reason to talk to you concerning the Medical Exam.

Comment

So, who gets the results from the med exam and who makes the final call?

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
        Previous post is 100% correct. The Background Investigation and the Medical Exam, are two distinct phases of the hiring process. The Background Investigator would have no reason to talk to you concerning the Medical Exam.
        On payroll and new Recruit.

6 Aug start date OCSD academy. (Cypress PD)

Comment

Originally posted by ADAirForce View Post
          So, who gets the results from the med exam and who makes the final call?
          It depends on who is in charge of the hiring process. If the PD or SO is responsible for administering the hiring process, everything will go to the head of their personnel department, who will make the decision. OTOH, if the city or county's personnel department is administering the testing process, it will go to their head, who will make the decision. However when it comes to medical decisions, they will rely on the doctor's judgement, as only he has the expertise and training necessary to determine whether you meet the minimum medical qualifications.
          Last edited by L-1; 07-04-2007, 03:42 PM.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10870 users online. 537 members and 10333 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X