300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do...

Civilian here with a question. I'm apprehensive to ask this because of the tightly knit fabric of LE and I'm not trying to tick anybody off either. I respect what LE does, I just don't respect the person I'm about to refer to. I'm being stalked and harassed by a member of LE. He's in the Army, with an M.O.S. in Logistics. He has a very extensive background in computers and he regularly harasses me by hacking into my network and wreaking havoc on my electronics. Anything that connects to the internet malfunctions regularly. He interferes with every aspect of my life. He's threatened me that my food will never be safe again. He posts my passwords on Facebook. He changes my banking passwords, my facebook passwords, emails, amazon, everything. I've lost count at how many times I've been locked out of one of my accounts. I've had to create a new Facebook because of that. He reset my account on my medical portal an I had to create a new profile, new password. Tells me he won't stop until I'm dead or in a mental hospital. I've called the base he works out of, I've contacted the police. He's been at this for 8.5 years, and it only gets worse as time goes by. Every attempt I make to report him, I'm met with what seems like brick walls, discouragement. After 8 years of his verbal assaults, threats, etc, I sent him a text message of his life history, just to give him a dose of his own medicine. He takes me to court and gets a no harassment order on me and continues to harass me. This is just insane. I can't get anybody to help me. There's so much to say about this, it would take forever to list everything. I document it though, and hope copious documentation of everything. I need help. I'm reaching out. He's dangerous and his behavior is escalating. What is his problem? I can't move without this guy knowing about it. Imagine your medical treatment being tampered with. Or your food. Your TV malfunctions to the point where you have to replace it two times. Or your phone. Your watch. Your Dexcom CGM...I can prove everything with screenshots, pictures, video/audio recordings. This guy abuses the court system, then harasses me. I'm hoping at some point I find someone willing to listen and help me. Thank you for your time.

Signed:

A Civie

Well, here's the problem. You may know in your heart that he did it and you may think you have evidence proving that he did it. However, does your evidence pass the struct scrutiny needed in a court of law to sustain a conviction? If everyone has been kissing you off, I suspect it does not meet that burden of proof.

If you are truly serious about resolving this matter once and for all, you might want to contract with a private investigation firm that employs retired cops who have have experience in investigating cyber crime and who, as a disinterested third party, have the expertise and training necessary to identify what state and/or federal laws have been broken, are capable of documenting these matters and putting together an investigation report a prosecutor will file a criminal case on.

This is not an uncommon practice. Private companies do it when they are the victims of crimes where local law enforcement lacks the personnel resources or expertise necessary to pursue the case, or when Daddy Big Buck's little girl gets hooked on dope and Daddy Big Bucks wants the scum who got her hooked thrown under the jail. They pay a private service to do the investigation. Once complete, the private investigator takes the case to the appropriate detective bureau. They review it and if satisfied that it's legit, slap a Departmental cover report on top of it explaining how the matter was brought to them, walk it over to the prosecutor and an arrest warrant is issued.

Your first thought may be that doing this is too expensive, but how much is your peace of mind worth?
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• Aidokea
      Aidokea commented
      Editing a comment
      Pearls before swine, boss. Take a look at the direction this thread has taken...

• Just_A_Civie53
      Just_A_Civie53 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have. I keep asking why that is. Why did my post lead to this?

No need for the apprehension. You're anonymously asking a question on a law enforcement forum literally designed for what you're using it for. While we may not necessarily be able to solve your problems L-1 has given a pretty good answer. To be honest I think you're overestimating the ability of your alleged stalker. I'm not sure how someone would have the ability to tamper with those items without having direct access to them. I'm also older so I'm sure there's all sorts of crazy technological stuff I don't know about. You can contact a PI, maybe even an attorney for a consultation. If you're having any court proceedings with this person, it would definitely be best to get a lawyer anyways.

If you haven't already, you can contact the supervisor of your local elected law enforcement office (this is usually a sheriff's office) over a parish, or county. They'll talk to you until your blue in the face about all the options if you haven't already tried this. You can accomplish this by locating the non emergency number for dispatch for your local area. Ask for the Sheriff's Office, or even the local PD to have a supervisor call you about a legal matter and they should be able to get with you directly.

Comment

Just to follow up on my original post, were you to bring this to my agency we would do nothing. It's not that we don't sympathize with you. It's just that we lack the expertise necessary to investigate such as case and even if we did, we have limited resources. There are higher priority issues to deal with and we can't devote the personnel hours necessary to pursue such a matter when we have a backload of more serious crimes to investigate.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Just_A_Civie53 View Post
        Civilian here with a question. I'm apprehensive to ask this because of the tightly knit fabric of LE and I'm not trying to tick anybody off either. I respect what LE does, I just don't respect the person I'm about to refer to. I'm being stalked and harassed by a member of LE. He's in the Army, with an M.O.S. in Logistics. He has a very extensive background in computers and he regularly harasses me by hacking into my network and wreaking havoc on my electronics. Anything that connects to the internet malfunctions regularly. He interferes with every aspect of my life. He's threatened me that my food will never be safe again. He posts my passwords on Facebook. He changes my banking passwords, my facebook passwords, emails, amazon, everything. I've lost count at how many times I've been locked out of one of my accounts. I've had to create a new Facebook because of that. He reset my account on my medical portal an I had to create a new profile, new password. Tells me he won't stop until I'm dead or in a mental hospital. I've called the base he works out of, I've contacted the police. He's been at this for 8.5 years, and it only gets worse as time goes by. Every attempt I make to report him, I'm met with what seems like brick walls, discouragement. After 8 years of his verbal assaults, threats, etc, I sent him a text message of his life history, just to give him a dose of his own medicine. He takes me to court and gets a no harassment order on me and continues to harass me. This is just insane. I can't get anybody to help me. There's so much to say about this, it would take forever to list everything. I document it though, and hope copious documentation of everything. I need help. I'm reaching out. He's dangerous and his behavior is escalating. What is his problem? I can't move without this guy knowing about it. Imagine your medical treatment being tampered with. Or your food. Your TV malfunctions to the point where you have to replace it two times. Or your phone. Your watch. Your Dexcom CGM...I can prove everything with screenshots, pictures, video/audio recordings. This guy abuses the court system, then harasses me. I'm hoping at some point I find someone willing to listen and help me. Thank you for your time.

Signed:

A Civie
        Saved.

Comment

Signed:

A Civie
          Paragraphs, dude...paragraphs...

Comment

Signed:

A Civie
            What is your relationship to the alleged offender?

What do you suspect is his reason for doing this?

What do you do for a living?

Comment

• Just_A_Civie53
              Just_A_Civie53 commented
              Editing a comment
              I met him when he moved into the place I was living at the time. No idea who he was before.

I don't know why he's doing this. He's a lunatic? Psychopath with a badge? Interesting how the paranoid, delusional, dangerous narrative began after meeting this guy.

my occupation is physical disability from a high speed head-on MVA.

Signed:

A Civie
            Start here:

Schizophrenia with paranoia is the most common example of this mental illness. Delusions make someone with it unreasonably suspicious of other people. WebMD explains the symptoms and treatment.

Comment

• Aidokea
              Aidokea commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you.

• Just_A_Civie53
              Just_A_Civie53 commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting response to my thread.

• Just_A_Civie53
              Just_A_Civie53 commented
              Editing a comment
              If your post suggests I'm crazy then you shouldn't be contacted about me. Moreso, you shouldn't have anything to do with my claims ... because it's "all in my head". I most certainly didn't get the data I have that supports what I'm saying out of thin air.... I must be one of those "one-off" schitzo's that is extremely selective. I guess my "paranoia" is focused on one person, involving a very specific thing, with copious amounts of data which supports what I'm saying.

I may not be the smartest guy in the world, but people with something to hide always use redirection to avoid focus. They'll also use discouragement and the old "crazy" accusations. I'm reaching out for help. You deduct from one post that I may be crazy and show general disrespect. For clarification purposes...You believe someone that is "paranoid" or mentally ill and your recourse is to mock and belittle that person when they reach out for help? Do I have this correct? If you don't want to help and have already made up your mind about who and what I am, move aside and make room for those who may be willing to help.
              Last edited by Just_A_Civie53; 01-25-2023, 02:01 PM.

• Just_A_Civie53
              Just_A_Civie53 commented
              Editing a comment
              Let's call this another coincidence. The guy I'm referring to, he says the same thing to me when I've confronted him. I must be the only guy that experiences daily coincidences in my life. Any thoughts on this?

Interesting OP post,….HA!!

He’s had to replace two TVs?!?!

Comment

• NolaT
              NolaT commented
              Editing a comment
              Why have you had to replace them?!

• Just_A_Civie53
              Just_A_Civie53 commented
              Editing a comment
              One TV started running very slow and sometimes unresponsive. When I tried resetting the TV the reset function was deactivated and greyed out. Tech support couldn't fix the issue so it was replaced. The other TV kept freezing. Both only a few weeks old and had to be replaced. Similar issues with my smart watch, phone, laptops, and my wireless display. I've had to reset everything several times due to constant issues.

• NolaT
              NolaT commented
              Editing a comment
              Only a few weeks old should be a warranty replacement, correct, why buy another?

• Just_A_Civie53
              Just_A_Civie53 commented
              Editing a comment
              Again with the diversion. Let's stay focused. The issue st hand has been explained. If you'd like to ask me questions about my stalker/harasser, I'd be happy to keep the focus there. That is why I'm here. I never said I paid for two separate TV's. I said I had to replace two TV's.

OP, how many cats do you have?

Comment

• Just_A_Civie53
              Just_A_Civie53 commented
              Editing a comment
              I own 1 cat. She's a rescue. I've had her 4 years now and she'd remove someone's face upon command. cats are well known to be fierce, silent and effective. All seriousness aside, many presidents were/are cat owners. Is there something you'd like to say about cat owners? Or perhaps expand on the reference you began to make?

First: The “suspect” isn’t in “LE.”

OP. When you make up a fantasy and decide to post it, get your story straight.

Second: How many moons circle your home planet?

C: Please let us know what happens after the Bus arrives.

Comment

• Just_A_Civie53
              Just_A_Civie53 commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting you take this stance from the get-go.

• Just_A_Civie53
              Just_A_Civie53 commented
              Editing a comment
              What makes you so sure he's not in LE?

• Just_A_Civie53
              Just_A_Civie53 commented
              Editing a comment
              You mentioned "fantasy" in your comment. Somehow "fantasy" doesn't come to mind when dealing with this.

OP, we're trying to help, but your statement "my occupation is physical disability from a high speed head-on MVA." makes no sense- disability is not an occupation.

What is the source of your financial support?

Have you suffered a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury)?

What medications are you prescribed?

Are you taking your medications as prescribed?

Are you not taking medications you are prescribed?

What other drugs are you taking?

Comment

Disabled.

Yes, TBI

I take medication for HBP, diabetes, cholesterol, GERD, anti-biotics and pain. Everything is taken as prescribed.

I smoke weed.

Comment

• Aidokea
                Aidokea commented
                Editing a comment
                Bingo.....

Disabled.

Yes, TBI

I take medication for HBP, diabetes, cholesterol, GERD, anti-biotics and pain. Everything is taken as prescribed.

I smoke weed.

And how do you get the money to pay for housing, food, electronic devices, weed, and everything else?
              Last edited by Aidokea; 01-25-2023, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Just_A_Civie53
                Just_A_Civie53 commented
                Editing a comment
                Again with the diversion. Why do you think the focus is shifting to me when I'm reaching out for help? What could be the reason for that?

• Just_A_Civie53
                Just_A_Civie53 commented
                Editing a comment
                How do I get the money to pay for things? I'm a Chippendale's Dancer...Of the Chris Farley type. I get paid to keep my clothes on. How about you? Do you get paid to play games? Don't bullschmidt me.

It's nice to see that my "Scooby Sense" still works...

Comment

• Just_A_Civie53
                Just_A_Civie53 commented
                Editing a comment
                Based on your ambiguous response, when you said "bingo" was that in reference to my answer about smoking weed?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3858 users online. 209 members and 3649 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X