Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peerless Vs smith and Wesson handcuffs?

I am just curious to see what most officers carry for handcuffs nowadays allot of forums on this topic are pretty old so I was looking for some updated opinions I am going to the part time academy soon and looking for a good recommendation for quality cuffs and I am always torn between the two brands thank you!

Didn't we just do this?

Comment

• props2john
      props2john commented
      Editing a comment
      Still getting use to this sight I thought that different forums meant different groups of people on different topics my apologies.

• Aidokea
      Aidokea commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries...

I still like my old SW,…….same answer, lol.

Comment

The new ASP ones…. Just because
      US Army Veteran
      The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

My dept required S&W. I carried peerless early on. They're the same IMO

Comment

I've always liked my Hiatt and Peerless due to liking the push button double lock system over the slide, which is common for S&W. I know there are S&W models with the push button, but another thing I never liked is the S&W stainless steel. Currently, I have one personal pair of Peerless and an issued pair of S&W due to my other pair of Peerless disappearing at the jail while another officer was booking a prisoner for me. I plan on retiring again in about 8 months so I don't plan on replacing the pair. I can live with the S&W's until then.

As for ASP, I've trained with them, and I've used other officers' when I ran out of my own, but I just never cared for them. Too big, and I don't like how the blade has so much flex.

Comment

• Zeitgeist1
            Zeitgeist1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Never liked ASP cuffs either.

• HI629
            HI629 commented
            Editing a comment
            Only think I like about ASP was the keyway on either side. I got issued S&W, but continue to use my Peerless and Hiatts because of the double lock design.

I like the newest updated ASP cuffs since they are all metal, but the older ones are trash
          US Army Veteran
          The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by darkhorse6 View Post
            I like the newest updated ASP cuffs since they are all metal, but the older ones are trash
            Didn't know they started making all metal ASP cuffs. Looking at the description, it looks like they're forged aluminum, so I wonder about durability over time compared to traditional stainless steel cuffs. Either way, I've never been a fan of ASP...they've always felt a bit...mooshy...in the keyhole and ratchet compared to stainless Peerless or S&W.
            "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
            -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• darkhorse6
              darkhorse6 commented
              Editing a comment
              They are a definite improvement. They don’t flex and seem to hold up nice. They’re a bit expensive but it’s ASP stuff…

My agency issued both. My Peerless got stuck on a prisoner. Fire department had to respond and cut them off. We've issued only Smith & Wesson since.
            In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

The 2 pairs of Peerless I had early on would double lock themselves if they got banged (like getting out of the car). Had them do this numerous times. Had SW ever since.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3715 users online. 256 members and 3459 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X