Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to an officer privately bought firearm if they use force?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to an officer privately bought firearm if they use force?

In the case that God forbid, an Officer shoots someone in the line of duty. What happens to their firearms? Especially if it's bought by said Officer

The same as anyone else who shoots someone. It is taken into evidence, various tests are done depending on the circumstances, and at the end of the investigation it is returned assuming no criminal charges are filed.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Figure about a year or more…

Comment

Depends on the agency.

I got mine back from the crime lab (cleaned and everything) within about a week

Other places may keep until the case is completed, which can easily take years
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I would imagine it depends on available video and how justifiable the shooting was, alone with Dept regulations.

Comment

Guys around here (if it's deemed a justified shooting) generally get their heaters back within 2 weeks which is about how long it takes for them to rule on the shoot.

I know that there are gun manufacturers out their that, if it was an individual purchase, will replace the firearm for free if it was used in a self-defense/ defense of others shooting.
            If by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2134 users online. 125 members and 2009 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X