300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going On Ride Along/ What To Wear???

I'm going on a ride along with the Alaska State Troopers. I was just wandering what I should wear.

Warm clothes
    R.I.P. Officer Wayne McLaughlin

Comment

Yeah the cold does make a difference, I suppose. I'd say normally wear khakis and a polo or a button up dress shirt and a tie. Casual business attire is normally about right. Do they make tuxedo snow suits, because that might work, too.
      "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Comment

LOL, Its 75 degrees right now fellas, lol. SUMMER time, its not cold, lol.

I'll go with the khakis, polo, and tie though .

Should I wear dress shoes??

Comment

You're going to wear a polo with a tie? OMG. That's a definite fashion "no-no."

The people that ride along with us just wear blue jeans, etc...whatever they happened to have had on before coming out.

Comment

Ok now i'm confused what to wear, lol.

Comment

I think you're confusing the two.....

Polo-Pullover shirt with collar....
              Shirt/Tie- Dress shirt with tie.....

I am assuming you are thinking that we are talking about a Polo Brand dress shirt.....

Go with the Polo, slacks, and dress shoes and you will be fine.....

Comment

Check with the department you are going to ride with. We require our ride a longs to wear at least business casual (polo and khakis). I would think that most departments would require the same.

Comment

I was thinking the button up long sleeve, I dont know why I confused that with a polo. Anyways I think I got it straight now, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by airbornefergie View Post
                    I was thinking the button up long sleeve, I dont know why I confused that with a polo. Anyways I think I got it straight now, lol.
                    You've been a Dirt Dart way too long my friend.....

Comment

I wore dress pants and a buttoned up shirt w/tie and the lady who took our order mistaked me for being with the deputies.

Course the other deputy said that I was their watch commander and should get a discount too. LOL

Comment

If it's a hot chic, daisy dukes and a low cut tank top. If its a guy blue jeans and tennis shoes.

Comment

Departments around here, riders wear casual...jeans and t-shirt...nothing special. I always wore jeans and a nice polo shirt...
                          It's better to be tried by twelve than carried by six...

Comment

When I did my ride-alongs in the academy (I self sponsored myself) I wore a Polo and 5.11 and never had a problem. Other guys/gals that were in the same status I was did the same....or at least had slacks on....and no one complained.....

I wear the same if I am riding with an area agency or friend and no one has had issues thus far.....

Comment

I went on a ride along with a good friend of our familiy's a couple years ago. It was with San Jose PD. I wore like windbreakers and a tshirt. Looking back I feel so stupid...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3761 users online. 168 members and 3593 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X