300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hired as reserve officer

I was hired today as a reserve officer at a small dept. I have a couple of questions.

1. I was told that I needed to complete the "Pre-Basic" course plus FTO time. Is that just a watered down version of the academy?

2. Do departments like to hire from their reserve staff? I currently work as a correctional officer (about 4 yrs now) and would like to make the move to LE
    I can't believe I do this for free!

Originally posted by Kokoro View Post
    I was hired today as a reserve officer at a small dept. I have a couple of questions.

1. I was told that I needed to complete the "Pre-Basic" course plus FTO time. Is that just a watered down version of the academy?

2. Do departments like to hire from their reserve staff? I currently work as a correctional officer (about 4 yrs now) and would like to make the move to LE
    First of all, congratulations!! Now, for your questions. Ask your department. They should be able to provide you with all the information you need.

Comment

I know several of the agencies here have hired reserves in the past.

Comment

I don't know if this will apply in your state, but in Utah, POST consists of two modules; SFO/Reserves and LEO. You have to complete the SFO module to be hired as a Reserve Officer. The FSO module is essentially the core basics. It covers Defensive Tactics and Criminal Code. FTO would also be necessary.

I have been told that some of the departments here do pick from their Reserves first, simply because they are already done with half of the POST training and FTO. It seems to vary from agency to agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4377 users online. 275 members and 4102 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X