300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light up the unsuspecting

Back in the day, they used to have those magnetic lights that cops could reach out and put on the roofs of their cars. Do they still have those? I haven't seen one in a very long time. This is along the lines of anther question, can you, and how would you go about pulling someone over for say, reckless driving or racing while in your personal vehicle?

I thought about this because I drive a sports car, and so people are always trying to race me or speed up around me and show off in their sports cars. It would be funny if I could write them a ticket one day while doing so
    Thanks,
    Bill

My only thoughts would be as far as the racing thing and pulling them over in a Personal Vehicle......DONT
    "A young man who does not have what it takes to perform military service is not likely to have what it takes to make a living".
    John F Kennedy, US

Comment

I don't really think too many places pull people over in their personal vehicles. But I'll tell you what, I see WAAAAY more vehicle and traffic law violations in my personal vehicle than I do in my patrol car. Funny how everyone is a model driver when the Police are in eyeshot of their driving.

Comment

Originally posted by sockherman View Post
        Back in the day, they used to have those magnetic lights that cops could reach out and put on the roofs of their cars. Do they still have those? I haven't seen one in a very long time. This is along the lines of anther question, can you, and how would you go about pulling someone over for say, reckless driving or racing while in your personal vehicle?

I thought about this because I drive a sports car, and so people are always trying to race me or speed up around me and show off in their sports cars. It would be funny if I could write them a ticket one day while doing so
        Thanks,
        Bill
        You DO NOT want to pull anyone over in your personal vehicle.

Comment

Yes those magnetic lights still exist.

On the second half of your post, pulling some one over in your personal car is a VERY BAD IDEA.
          Originally posted by kontemplerande
          Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

If you see someone being truly reckless in your personal vehicle, that's why god created cellphones and 911. Just call the local PD and follow at a safe distance. Don't tru to overtake someone in a personal vehicle, ever!!!
            "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega17632 View Post
              If you see someone being truly reckless in your personal vehicle, that's why god created cellphones and 911. Just call the local PD and follow at a safe distance. Don't tru to overtake someone in a personal vehicle, ever!!!
              Al Gore created cellphones and 911. And this forum.
              "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Comment

No. In most states, traffic tickets can only be written by a LEO.

Someone in a sports car tries to pull a citizen over, the citizen has a good argument for an "attempted hijacking" suspicion. Blam, blam.
                "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

Wouldnt pull someone over in my POV. Against department directives and state law.
                  John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by sockherman View Post

Thanks,
                    Bill

Tell you what....

Why don't you hop in your hoopty.....toss a dash light onto the dash (Make sure you get a real good one so folks think you are really the Po-PO)......Get on I-64....hang a right when you hit I-95....and drive about 3-4 hours (depending on traffic) to the NVA area....

When you get up here (The intersections of 95/495/395 would be a good place to start)......turn the light on and start trying to pull cars over.......

Give me a call as you are doing this.....and I will have some of my friends meet you near the Mixing Bowl and give you a real nice reception ......

Comment

Haha, good replies. However, I didn't mean Me, Joe citizen trying to write a ticket. I just meant an off duty cop in a similar situation. I'm not trying to be a cop poser or anything like that. I just thought it would be humorous to some idiot trying to show off and then realize it was a cop he was doing it to.

Bill

Comment

1. Those magnetic mount lights only stay on the roof ... on TV. We tried them, at the first small bump on the road, they went flying.
                        2. Some agencies have unmarked cars for traffic - Conn. used to have Boss 302 Mustangs, etc. Don't ever think about pulling someone over in your personal car. If you were to try that with me, you would find out exactly what kind of gun a retired Fed carries - from the front. Just think, would you want your wife/girlfriend/daughter to pull over for a guy in a sports car with a funky red light on his roof?
                        "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                        John Stuart Mill

Comment

Yeah, it all makes sense. I understand it's not safe and/or practical. Maybe it is just me that thinks it would be funny though. Thanks for the replies everybody.

Bill

Comment

Those magnetic lights were called "Kojak lights" where I worked. As Sleuth noted, they would go flying off of the roof at the slightest provocation. The only place I ever saw them were in some administrators' unmarked take-home cars, and I seriously doubt that most of the administrators knew where the power switch for them was.
                            Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5898 users online. 331 members and 5567 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X