300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bounty Hunters

Good evening, has anyone on here ever had to deal with Bounty Hunters if so how was it? Finally ever had one go sideways? Thanks.

No. No bail bondsmen or bounty hunters "bail enforcement" allowed in Illinois.

Comment

Have run into a couple of them, they didn't want any drama and handled the situation with limited issues.

Comment

Yep.
        We usually don't get involved into their business
        But I have had some ask us to stand by while they tried to pick one up from a house. In those cases we just stood by on the curb in case someone got disorderly.

There was one time I had "Bail Enforcement Agent" out looking for the same suspect I was. He caught up to the suspect first. I was going to let him have him until the suspect said he had some narcotics in his pockets. That one looked like it was going a little "sideways" until I took over. But that was an unique series of circumstances and I'll probably never experience those again.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago1991 View Post
          Good evening, has anyone on here ever had to deal with Bounty Hunters if so how was it? Finally ever had one go sideways? Thanks.
          Why do you ask? You mean like "Dog The Bounty Hunter"?

I suspect that if I encountered that little mullet-wearing munchkin at one of my cases, he'd probably end up in the back of my car in handcuffs before it was all over...
          Last edited by Aidokea; 10-01-2021, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• Chicago1991
            Chicago1991 commented
            Editing a comment
            1. Yes ones like him
            2. Or Bunty Hunters in General

I only recall encountering bail enforcement agents on one occasion. They wanted to let the city police know they were going to check a house for a suspect. There was minimal drama.

A well-known and pretty well liked bail bondsman did do some of his own apprehension work. On one occasion, he ended up handcuffed to a fence by the female fugitive he was attempted to apprehend resulting in some media attention.
          John from Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by John from Maryland View Post
            I only recall encountering bail enforcement agents on one occasion. They wanted to let the city police know they were going to check a house for a suspect. There was minimal drama.

A well-known and pretty well liked bail bondsman did do some of his own apprehension work. On one occasion, he ended up handcuffed to a fence by the female fugitive he was attempted to apprehend resulting in some media attention.
            Y'all at least took some pictures before releasing him?

Comment

Cracks me up cops referring to them as Bail Enforcement Agents, like they are legit trained third tier LE…

Comment

I have in the past. There was two of them and both were prior LEOs. They were armed and had LE type gear but their markings clearly stated "bail enforcement". Both were very professional and seemed squared away. If I remember correctly, I think one left the PD to go to law school full time.

I think it depends on who they are....some are squared away and some are not.

Comment

They are seeking status, that they don’t have. They dress tacticiool and wear more bling than real cops.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4756 users online. 296 members and 4460 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X