300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before Coming out of Academy..

Before you graduate from an academy are you required to know every fact (drugs, laws etc) and procedures to the number or do they just let the field training sharpen you up?
    Last edited by propilot5000; 06-15-2007, 03:47 AM.

No one knows everything, but you probably will be required to know the difference between a burg and an agg burg, a sexual imposition and a rape, X series of codes deals with criminal offenses while Y codes deal with traffic offenses, this is the book I go to when I need to look things up, etc.

Comment

You must show proficiency in all aspects of your time spent at the training. Mine did not expect us to become experts on law enforcement over 14 weeks but did expect us to gain an operational knowledge.
      Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
      I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
      Originally posted by weinerdog2000
      as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Know everything? No way.

You just need to know where to look it up. The academy is about classroom learning and threory. It's like kindergarten for cops. How to tie your shoes and stuff.
        The All New
        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5126 users online. 312 members and 4814 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X