300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Kill

Who cleans up someones body when its splattered allover the freeway, and how much do they get paid?

Thinking of putting that CJ Degree to work?

Comment

edit
      sorry, i cant reply here

Comment

If you are talking about human bodies:

Everywhere I have worked in the CA area that task is done by the County Coroner's office.

If you are talking about animals and other critters:

The local street maintenance department or Department of Transportion - for some areas, the local animal control people may come out and do it - except for freeways. Large animals - cattle, horses, deer, etc are picked up by stock removal companies in my area.
        Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

NOT ME! THAT'S FOR SURE
          "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

I thought this was going to be a critter cooking/recipe thread.

Comment

We're issued giant spatulas- I have one in my duty bag.
              Last edited by BrickCop; 06-14-2007, 07:14 PM.
              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Highway department and not enough! The only animals I pull off the road is dead deer.
                Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Medical examiner
                  John 3:16

Comment

In my city,

Dogs and whatnot = Animal Control The most thankless job in the world.

Dead folks = Contracted corpse recovery people/funeral home staff (you ever see a Plymouth Voyager minivan that was somehow converted to a panel van? That's them...)

Comment

Originally posted by firestone88 View Post
                      Dead folks = Contracted corpse recovery people/funeral home staff (you ever see a Plymouth Voyager minivan that was somehow converted to a panel van? That's them...)
                      I'm sure we're not the only ones that call them the "Body Snatchers." It's a funny thing that they all smoke too. I guess it helps cope with the smell.

Comment

In the dark days before I became a cop, I was an animal control officer and we picked up the roadkill in our area. At the time we were making $15 per hour, which is one of the highest paid ACO positions in the country. Most of those guys make close to minimum wage.

Comment

I leave that task to the firemen

Comment

Coroner...picks up what it can find..fire dept hoses down the rest. In CA, it's normally circled with orange spray paint.

Coroners are deputies assigned to the Coroners office.
                            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

hmmm we use a Shop-Vac
                              "Do not draw me without honor"

"Do not sheath me without Justice!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5056 users online. 289 members and 4767 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X