Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FL, badge and gun before academy or after?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL, badge and gun before academy or after?

I was reading in another post that some departments furnish the badge and gun before the academy. With the instructions that you not use it, show it, etc until after the academy. Does anybody know if any departments in Florida do this? Just curious. Thank you.

LOL

We were given badges and guns before the academy. We were also patrolling and making arrests, full-time, before the academy. All we had to do was get sworn in by a judge and pass a speed and accuracy pistol qualification course.

You can do that here.

Comment

My department issues your firearm so your given it before the academy. You are not to use it though and once the academy begins you must turn it into the academy for safe keeping until you graduate. You are given your badge just before academy graduation, but again, you are not to display it until you are sworn in. Same with the firearm.

Comment

We were issued our gun and badge when we were sworn in. Day of graduation.
        John 3:16

Comment

Couldn't say aout Florida, but here, you get SQUAT until AFTER graduation. THEN, you report to the quartermaster at HQ and are issued all three weapons (shotgun, assault rifle and sidearm) and the ammo for each. The badge is pinned on during the ceremony. That's kinda cool.
          The All New
          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Badge and Gun

Alabama DPS. Duty sidearm issued during firearms phase of the Academy. Not displayed/carried, except on range. Badge issued day prior to graduation, sworn in at graduation by the Colonel. Shotgun/Patrol Rifle issued at post of initial assignment.

Comment

When I entered LE in the early 60s I was hired on, bought all of my own gear, was issued a badge and sent out to patrol the city. I went to the academy four months later. Then, when I went to the CHP I had to attend the academy (live-in) where I had to again purchase all of my gear. We were given our badges at graduation ceremonies. However, at that time we were issued ID cards upon entering the academy. All has changed now.
              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

I went to the academy (self sponsered) long before i was hired into LE. I had no stinking badge or gun...but I got by. Hell, I couldn't legally buy a handgun or ammo when I went through the academy.
                You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

We weren't given our gun or badge until graduation.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Just wanted to know out of curiousity. I have heard some department did just curious if it was any of Florida's.

Comment

Badge and gun after graduation or shortly before.

Many times you are given your uniform and badge to be worn at graduation. This also depends on if you are sponsored through the academy or paying your own way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5492 users online. 301 members and 5191 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X