Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the penalty for driving without insurance ?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the penalty for driving without insurance ?

What is the penalty for driving without insurance in the state of Minnesota? keeping in mind it's my first offense for this type of violation ,i always read somwhere i have to get an insurance before the court date but my car is totally useless and un-drivable since the accident (I received the ticket on the mail weeks later )
    anyways ....tell me what to expect
    another thing am i going to see the same cope again in court

Originally posted by sarah2007 View Post
    What is the penalty for driving without insurance in the state of Minnesota? keeping in mind it's my first offense for this type of violation ,i always read somwhere i have to get an insurance before the court date but my car is totally useless and un-drivable since the accident (I received the ticket on the mail weeks later )
    anyways ....tell me what to expect
    another thing am i going to see the same cope again in court
    I am in Illinois but I am sure the violation is similar. The fine can be quite expensive. I have seen fines for non insurance go over 3000 dollars.
    The secretary of state will also want proof of insurance and if you don't provide it you could get your drivers license suspended which could result in criminal arrests. If you plead innocent you will see the police officer again in court.
    Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

Here it is suspension of your driving priveleges and suspension of the car tags...can you say PEDESTRIAN!!
      "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
        The secretary of state will also want proof of insurance and if you don't provide it you could get your drivers license suspended which could result in criminal arrests. If you plead innocent you will see the police officer again in court.
        I no longer own the car ..? why would anyone ask for an insurance ..

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
          Here it is suspension of your driving priveleges and suspension of the car tags...can you say PEDESTRIAN!!
          It' s so UNFAIR ...americans laws are so harsh ,

Comment

I no longer own the car ..? why would anyone ask for an insurance ..
            It is typical after a no insurance ticket for the secretary of state to mail out a form demanding proof of insurance. If you do not own a vehicle at that point simply fill that information out on the form.

They would ask for proof of insurance because you were cited for not having it and they want to rectify the problem.

Comment

On the contrary! American laws are not that harsh. I have seen break after break given in the courtrooms.

If you were struck by a person in a motor vehicle accident common sense would say that you would hope they have insurance.

I have handled thousands of accidents and one of the first questions asked by the people involved is if the other party has insurance.

Having auto insurance is a reasonable demand placed upon us.

Comment

Try driving over here me dear if i stopped you with no insurance you'd have your car towed and if you did'nt produce valid insurance we'd have your car crushed for good measures...........car insurance is there for a reason
                How would you like a long stretch inside?? and i aint talking about a prison sentence

Comment

In NJ it's automatic Loss of license for one year, plus fines. Now, that said, if you think it's so harsh..then march yourself back where you came from and be happy there. If YOU are operating a vehicle it's YOUR responsibility to make sure it's properly insured, whether or not it's your car. YOU are the driver YOU are the one who would be on the hook if you injured or killed someone, nevermind liable for any property damage. IMO ANYONE who causes an injury operating a car without insurance SHOULD face Jail time..is that "Harsh" enough for you peaches????

Comment

Here, it's a fine and your car gets towed. You can't get it back until you show proof of insurance.

If it's a lapse, such as your insurance expired a few days earlier and you forgot to renew it, then the judge is likely to forego the fine. But if you never had insurance, you're going to get fine. Nothing like $3000...there's no traffic charge in my state where you can get fined a felony amount, unless it's one of the very serious ones, like vehicular homocide or reckless driving or something. I've never heard of such a large fine for a single incident.
                    "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

You hit me while driving your car, you cant afford to pay my medical bill, or to replace my car. Because you don't have insurance I am now stuck with the bill resulting an damages from your inability to drive. Your right it is UNFAIR, for us, that you get away without any penalty.

The law requires everyone to have insurance, therefore it is fair.

Comment

Huh? You seem to have a distorted sense of fairness. You, and thousands like you, drive around under the radar in your undependable, unsafe, beaters. While the rest of us, pay extra for uninsured motorist coverage, to protect us from people like you! Now you come here crying "UNFAIR?"

I'm sorry, but you'll get no sympathy here. You've broken the law, and I hope the traffic commissioner(or whoever) applies the stiffest penalty available

I like britplod's solution...a lot
                        "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Insurance stop in NC..DMV submitts an order to yank the tag...Your tag is taken off the vehicle by the Officer/Deputy/Trooper whomever and the tag is given to DMV. If no order was issued (yet) citation for driving while tag is expired. Talk to the judge.
                          If you can't be honest with yourself who can you be honest with.

Comment

Unfair? Holy cow. If you got hit by another person who didn't have insurance and you had injuries, wouldn't you want somebody to pay for that instead of you.
                            Last edited by Jethro1984; 04-29-2008, 10:01 AM.
                            Jeff

:< Never argue with an idiot....They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience >:

Comment

What is the penalty for driving without insurance in the state of Minnesota?
                              I'm almost certain the current penalty is death by firing squad, but the nice thing is I'm pretty sure they still allow you to select what cigarette you want.
                              People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5161 users online. 271 members and 4890 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X