Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has ANY LEO's experienced this before?

Just out of curiosity, has any LEO's ever worked as something such as a Juvenile probation officer, or something that dealth with troubled teens (foster home's, etc.) I was thinking about taking a job working as a youth counselor for foster children until I am able to get onto a PD. I was just curious what I could expect? Everyone keeps telling me that it will be harder then it sounds, which I believe, but if any LEO's have any heads up on what to expect that would be great!

Thanks!

I worked as a group leader and unit coordinator at a residential treatment center for 2.5 years during college. PM me if you have some specific questions you want answered.
    Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
    I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
    Originally posted by weinerdog2000
    as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

My brother worked as a juvenile hall counselor (i.e.- care taker) before coming onto an adjacent county's sheriff's office. He had great stories! Especially about all the partying the young adult counselors did afterhours at his apartment. I'm still jealous, lol!

EDJ
      "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

I worked as as a dorm counselor at a residential home for juveniles during college. We had kids from bad homes and those who were in trouble with the law. I really enjoyed working with the kids.
        J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Before Police work, I was a youth counselor for a juvenile detention center. I thought it was a good experience, but it is a very hard job. They used to call us Juvenile Corrections Officers, but aparantly that was too harsh and they decided to start using Youth Counselor. While at the facility I worked with kids ranging in age from 7 (yes 7) to 21, ranging in crimes from sexual assault to robbery etc. There were also a section for children in need of supervision, who were children taken by the state and need to be in a controlled environment. If you have any questions PM me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4392 users online. 263 members and 4129 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X