300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly question

From memory, I once saw a video where a guy runs up to a cop who is on foot patrol, gives him a double 1 finger salute, and, if memory serves me right, the officer gives the ol' night stick a workout.

The question I'm posing to you is, what would YOU do in such a scenario?

I just break their fingers and give them a couple gut kicks. It's not worth the time cleaning blood off the stick.

I was following a car full of brave young souls all flipping me off. I didn't mind that, but I stopped them anyway and told the driver if they were going to draw attention to themselves, at least make sure your plates aren't expired.

Edit: Your title for the thread says it all. It was a silly question.
    Last edited by Wile E. Coyote; 06-13-2007, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Hahahaha.....love that video.
      I'd certainly be detaining that kid at the very least. Running up on a cop like that and throwing hands in his face is pretty much assault on a peace officer. If some idiot is willing to do that who knows what kind of threat they pose? Is the next move an attack or an attempt to disarm the officer?
      If he were across the street flipping me off I'd stroll over there and talk to him (I'm certain he's trying to flag me down for assistance ). Either way, that person needs to be talked to.

Comment

There is an apocryphal story about a case where a police officer arrested a young man for "flipping him off" in a very public and flagrant way. The judge ruled in favor of the defendant, saying that "the bird" was a protected element of free speech. The officer rose from the gallery, said good day to the judge, and hoisted "the bird" as he left the courtroom.
        Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Dees View Post
          There is an apocryphal story about a case where a police officer arrested a young man for "flipping him off" in a very public and flagrant way. The judge ruled in favor of the defendant, saying that "the bird" was a protected element of free speech. The officer rose from the gallery, said good day to the judge, and hoisted "the bird" as he left the courtroom.
          I love it!!!!!!!!!
          Get Local Coupons
          Fried Wires Internet Marketing Blog - My personal blog for reviewing internet marketing products.

Comment

I heard that too, many years ago and (I believe) it was legitimate case law. The court found the officer in contempt of court, gave him a short term in jail and/or a fine. On appeal, the decision was upheld because while there is such a thing as contempt of court, there wasn't a violation of law being in "Contempt of Cop." Some years later, I heard of an officer who stopped a driver for the same actions. He cited the subject for a VC violation, "Improper hand signal" and was upheld!
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by dlnotyetcop View Post
              From memory, I once saw a video where a guy runs up to a cop who is on foot patrol, gives him a double 1 finger salute, and, if memory serves me right, the officer gives the ol' night stick a workout.

The question I'm posing to you is, what would YOU do in such a scenario?
              I'm pretty sure I know which video you are talking about, and I believe that video was staged.

Comment

Linky goodness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zWzeq8tJ_0

WARNING: Language may be NSFW

Comment

I would ask him what the five finger said to the face............SLAP!!!!!
                  R.I.P. Officer Wayne McLaughlin

Comment

I would have 2 words for him...

DIS CON

he can spend the night in jail with his eyes swollen shut from OC spray.
                    "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Comment

Well...I'd request their ID for their disorderly conduct citation, which would most likely be followed by some type of belligerent uncooperative response at which point I would terry frisk them for weapons. Then they would most likely pull away from me once I grabbed their arm, which would require a swift armbar takedown to the pavement. Then I would happily send them on their way with a tag for obstructing, possibly with force depending on how much they resisted and then they would be going downtown.

It's better to be tried by twelve than carried by six...

Comment

As the guy runs toward me my first thought would be what is this nutcase up too. Once he got within a certain distance of me he would not have enough time to flip me the bird. I would certainly be concerned about my safety and I would not wait for the joker to escalate things to the physical.

Simply put he would be face down on the pavement once he was within arms reach and he would have come to the conclusion that he made a big mistake.

A few years ago I had one of our frequent flyers go past me the opposite way in a vehicle. He was the passenger. As he drove by he flipped me off. PC was very easy to get. After I did the traffic stop I took him to jail for the outstanding warrant. Brilliant.
                        Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

giving the cop the finger

That Youtube video is staged and its comical in that he does overdue it with nightstick. If it happened to me I would engage in converstation and jack they guy up into a disorderly, no not me. In my opinion it's tu multious behavior that is witnesses by the public and is disruptive, serving no good purpose. One Under.

Comment

It's a freakin' finger and we can't be offended by that crap anyways so the courts have ordered.
                            Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

We used to have two different deputies who each claimed to be the officer in that story.
                              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3123 users online. 177 members and 2946 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X