Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems like such a stretch, an Italian national offered an LEO position with no way of entering and working in the US?!

Maybe the disconnect is that the interested Dept, thinks that he's able to gain entry legally and quickly?

Comment

He won’t be getting any jobs in the US until he is physically living here, has a Green Card, and several years of verifiable work history in the US.

No one is offering him a job. He is legally unemployable here.

Comment

Just doing his BI would be more trouble than it's worth.

I've done investigations on applicants who grew up in foreign countries or who spent significant time overseas. They were a pain in the butt as they required cooperation from (non-English-speaking) foreign authorities.

I can't imagine doing a BI on someone who has ZERO contacts or history in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

You spend way to much time idolizing Italy and thinking they are the seat of all things good, to the detriment of rational thought.
          The Italians have great food, wine, architecture, motorcycles, leather motorcycle safety gear, and leather furniture, but my favorite country by far, is Texas.

Comment

Paolo So how did the interview go?

Have they measured you for your uniform yet?

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
              Paolo
              Have they measured you for your uniform yet?
              Not yet
              My interview will be from 3 hours at 9.15pm here

Comment

Good luck, let us know how it goes, maybe we're all missing something.

Comment

• Paolo
                  Paolo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you

Hello everyone, my interview took place yesterday.
                unfortunately it was terrible.
                First of all my English skills are not enough, and secondly the internet connection here in Italy is very bad (max 7MB in download).
                Anyway I have to say thanks to everyone ... someone helped me with the questions and someone helped me stay in reality.
                I have not abandoned my dream, this is only the first round, I will continue to try because dreams can move mountains. Maybe I will come to the USA as an engineer, or as a security guard, but my goal is and always will be to become a policeman. Thanks again

Comment

• tanksoldier
                  tanksoldier commented
                  Editing a comment
                  To be honest you probably could get hired if you moved to the US and improved your English a bit.

Originally posted by Paolo View Post
                Hello everyone, my interview took place yesterday.
                unfortunately it was terrible.
                First of all my English skills are not enough, and secondly the internet connection here in Italy is very bad (max 7MB in download).
                Anyway I have to say thanks to everyone ... someone helped me with the questions and someone helped me stay in reality.
                I have not abandoned my dream, this is only the first round, I will continue to try because dreams can move mountains. Maybe I will come to the USA as an engineer, or as a security guard, but my goal is and always will be to become a policeman. Thanks again
                Thanks for the update!

You never know...maybe one day you'll be working as a security guard on a ranch in Central Texas.

Seriously, good luck to you, where ever life may take you...

Comment

Never quit,......keep grinding!

Comment

• Paolo
                    Paolo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's a promise

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4975 users online. 314 members and 4661 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X