300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post

I think the guy is legit- I don't think he's a troll.

His nationality is irrelevant. We've already covered that.

His English skills are admittedly an issue. I think everybody is on the same page there. But he can improve.

And he is WAY more qualified and experienced than most entry level applicants- he's already a cop with an elite federal agency, he's military, and he speaks multiple languages.

That beats the living [email protected] out of so many of the delusional goofballs who come on here wanting to become cops. Go back and read the thread(s) on the pizza delivery guy that lives with his mom, the one that was training to be a cage fighter or whatever.

As far as his legal ability to be in the U.S. and to work in the U.S., he hasn't asked us about that, and I seriously doubt that any of us are experts in this area. If he can get that part figured out, he's got a decent shot at getting hired...
    He is NOT “way more qualified”… do you not understand that the Carabinieri has huge issues with civil rights? What “Elite” police agency? It’s the only one…None of his experience translates to US LE, and BFD if he was in the military.

His language won’t get him through an academy, nor working in the field.

You spend way to much time idolizing Italy and thinking they are the seat of all things good, to the detriment of rational thought.

Comment

• Paolo
      Paolo commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry but you didn't say a single correct thing about the Carabinieri. In Italy there are many police forces: _State Police _Weapon of the Carabinieri _Guardia of Finance _provincial police _municipal police. The Carabinieri are the fourth Armed Force in the country and are on permanent Public Security service with full powers and qualifications of military and civil police. They are very popular with people and enjoy great prestige all arround the world!

• not.in.MY.town
      not.in.MY.town commented
      Editing a comment
      Paolo Just curious, how long did you serve in the Carabinieri?

• CCCSD
      CCCSD commented
      Editing a comment
      I well know about Italian LE.
      I know how you work for the Mafia, abuse prisoners, violate rights. There is nothing “Elite” about them.

The only reason the public likes them are because they walk around wearing tight clothes and acting like Fan Boys to the tourists.

• Paolo
      Paolo commented
      Editing a comment
      again your every word is wrong. Live by clichés and hearsay. Ask those who worked with the Carabinieri in Afghanistan and Iraq, they will be able to tell you that they are men and women who believe in justice

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

I've asked him multiple times what his and the agency's plans were in that regard, and his response was
    I didn't answer you because it's none of your business. Do you really think I'm stupid enough to tell you which department called me so you can call them to trouble me?

Comment

• tanksoldier
      tanksoldier commented
      Editing a comment
      As soon as you got upset you writing became perfect.

Originally posted by Paolo View Post
    I didn't answer you because it's none of your business. Do you really think I'm stupid enough to tell you which department called me so you can call them to trouble me?
    Dude, I NEVER asked you which department it was. I asked you if you and the agency had a plan on how to get you a work authorization. You continue to skirt that question.

Comment

Originally posted by Paolo View Post
      Here we go. Instant command of the English language.

You’re full of BS.

Comment

• not.in.MY.town
        not.in.MY.town commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe he started Rosetta Stone this morning...

• CCCSD
        CCCSD commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear it’s a quick learn!

• tanksoldier
        tanksoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        No, as soon as you got upset you writing became perfect.

• Paolo
        Paolo commented
        Editing a comment
        maybe I should also be angry during the interview

So tell us how you are going to get hired for an LE position from Italy.

Comment

• tanksoldier
        tanksoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        Why did you English get bad again?

• CCCSD
        CCCSD commented
        Editing a comment
        Because all his bases belong us.

• Paolo
        Paolo commented
        Editing a comment
        the first interview will be in conference call. If I pass the first step, the second will be an online interview with an officer to learn more about me, my family and my past. If there is a third passage, polygraph and medical, it will be in Colorado

• tanksoldier
        tanksoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        Nobody in colorado is sponsoring you for a work visa…. Especially when you’d have to attend academy and pass FTO

Evermore Interesting thread,.....
      Last edited by NolaT; 07-19-2021, 08:04 AM.

Comment

This all sounds very odd.

How are you going to legally work in the United States without a greencard or work visa? What's the agency's plan here? They likely could not sponsor you because there's no way they can argue that you are uniquely qualified for the job.

When and where is the interview supposed to take place? Is it done remotely via video-conferencing?

Currently you couldn't even visit the United States. Due to Covid, travelers from most of Europe (including Italy) are still barred from entry.
        Since when did the left get concerned about legal status, green cards or work visas?

And you did ask "where is the interview supposed to take place." You are correct that you didn't ask him what "department" but depending on where the location is, it can be easily deduced.

But FWIW I think the OP is trolling and I wouldn't be surprised if it was another member with 2 accounts.

Comment

• not.in.MY.town
          not.in.MY.town commented
          Editing a comment
          I asked him if the interview was being done remotely via-video-conferencing or whether he was actually in Colorado for an in-person interview.. I didn't ask the name of the agency or its physical location. He doesn't seem to know if it's an oral board panel or an interview with just a recruiter or HR person,

• westside popo
          westside popo commented
          Editing a comment
          It was 2 questions. The 1st one you asked, "when and where?" Second question you asked if it was by "video- conferencing."

I quoted your words and the post you said it.

• not.in.MY.town
          not.in.MY.town commented
          Editing a comment
          westside popo I asked "When and where is the interview supposed to take place?"

"Where" meaning in person in Colorado or remotely from Italy. I even followed up with a clarifier about video conferencing. I did not ask nor do I care which local agency it is. If you want to misinterpret it that way, so be it. This thread is enough of a confusing clusterf*ck already.

In his first post he wrote that he "fiscally lives in Italy". I still have no idea what he meant by that, but I initially figured that maybe he's currently in the United States, but pays his taxes in Italy or something. He still has not confirmed which country he is in. I've also repeatedly tried to get him to clarify what platform the interview is on (if it is, indeed done remotely), but he hasn't answered that either. My advice for an in-person panel interview would be different than for a one-way interview via an online platform.

It's impossible to get a straight answer out of him in regards to anything that's actually relevant to his situation.
          Last edited by not.in.MY.town; 07-19-2021, 09:18 AM.

Paolo, can you tell us which country invented the dish "spaghetti and meatballs"?

Comment

• Paolo
          Paolo commented
          Editing a comment
          is a traditional dish from southern Italy. the origin is not certain, because there are some recipes in different regions. American spaghetti with meatballs are probably made in Sicily, but as I said there are recipes from Calabria, Puglia, Campania and Abruzzo. I am from Lombardy in northern Italy and our dishes are different from the south

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
        Paolo, can you tell us which country invented the dish "spaghetti and meatballs"?

I bet that question is going to be the first one asked at his hiring interview today.

Comment

• Paolo
          Paolo commented
          Editing a comment
          maybe they are gourmets

In his first post he wrote that he "fiscally lives in Italy". I still have no idea what he meant by that, but I initially figured that maybe he's currently in the United States, but pays his taxes in Italy or something.
        I interpreted that to be "physically", as in it's where he is currently.

I too did a double-take at the overnight change in English proficiency.

Despite his protestations to the contrary, I still smell troll dung.

Comment

not.in.MY.town

What dictionary are you using to define "where?"

And in regards to fiscally....

Assuming he is Italian and possibly using a literal translation of an Italian word. He could be saying he's a tax paying citizen, living in Italy. It could have meant he makes a living (money) in Italy or he could actually have meant he physically lives in Italy and misspelled physically like orangebottle said.

But I still suspect he trolling and or another member screwing with everyone.

Comment

• not.in.MY.town
            not.in.MY.town commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you being intentionally obtuse?

Look up the definition of "where" in any English dictionary of your choice. Then show me one that defines "where" only as "an exact geographic location such as a specific town (in which a police department is located)".

I cannot believe we're even having this conversation. This was already one of the most bizarre threads, but you're taking the insanity to a whole new level.

• Paolo
            Paolo commented
            Editing a comment
            I am an Italian citizen and I live and work physically in Italy. I have only Italian documents and only Italian passport. to make sure I write correctly, sometimes I check my sentences with google translate, so some sentences are written better than others. no tricks, no deceptions

LOL

@ not.in.MY.town

I already looked it up just to make sure there wasn't a new definition, I wasn't aware of. But no matter which definition I looked at none said "meaning in person."
          Last edited by westside popo; 07-19-2021, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post
            LOL

@ not.in.MY.town

I already looked it up just to make sure there wasn't a new definition, I wasn't aware of. But no matter which definition I looked at none said "meaning in person."
            "Where is the interview going to be? Is it on Zoom or in person?" That's perfectly acceptable colloquial English, as far as I know. But you're the linguistic expert.

I'm done arguing semantics with you. Fact is that I didn't ask him which agency it was nor which town the agency was in. If you want to keep twisting my words into something else, go right ahead. All you'll accomplish is getting this thread nuked over something this asinine.
            Last edited by not.in.MY.town; 07-19-2021, 11:59 AM.

Comment

I'm done arguing semantics with you. Fact is that I didn't ask him which agency it was nor which town the agency was in. If you want to keep twisting my words into something else, go right ahead. All you'll accomplish is getting this thread nuked over something this asinine.
              No twisting of words and if it's so asinine then why did you keep it going so long?

Comment

FWIW, it's not me, and I still don't think it's a troll- he originally PM'd me to ask his question privately, and I suggested that he post his question publicly. I'd like to think that my BS detector still works. If he is a troll, then he sure fooled me...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3409 users online. 217 members and 3192 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X