Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do most police departments really care about illegal immigrants?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do most police departments really care about illegal immigrants?

• This is under the assumption that no serious crimes are being committed and no one is being exploited.
    • For example, if a police officer pulled over an illegal immigrant for speeding, would they arrest them and turn them in?
    • For the record, I’m not trying to stir up anything or start a debate on illegal immigration; I’m just genuinely curious how police officers handle illegal immigrants.

This guy is still here?

Comment

We care about Victims and Criminals. Their status isn’t part of the equation.

Comment

Illegal immigration violates Federal law, which most state and local law enforcement lacks the authority to enforce. In addition, many states and localities have enacted their own laws prohibiting non-federal law enforcement officers from taking actions which assist in the enforcement of immigration laws.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

The authority for immigration violations is Federal, not state. Like CCCSD said, we only care about victims and criminals. If we wanted to arrest illegals, we could do it all day long....not our mission, nor would we want it.

Comment

There are almost no federal laws that state and local officers can enforce, including immigration laws.

Even when we get called to a gun store for someone trying to buy a gun who can’t, we arrest and charge under state laws not federal.
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Well said by everyone above.

Comment

Last edited by Corporate; 06-14-2021, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Corporate View Post
                  An NYPD officer told my dad to go back to his country. He was not illegal though.
                  Hearsay.

Comment

Did your father deserve the retort?

Comment

An NYPD officer told my dad to go back to his country.
                      Why?

He was not illegal though.
                      We don't care...

Comment

What country is your father from?

Comment

An NYPD officer told my dad to go back to his country. He was not illegal though.
                          ...and your uncle's mother's aunt probably got whistled at. Once.
                          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                            Did your father deserve the retort?
                            No way. He's a good guy. It was an argument over a traffic ticket. But it happened long ago, before the smartphone and cameras.

Comment

No way. He's a good guy. It was an argument over a traffic ticket. But it happened long ago, before the smartphone and cameras.
                              Where did this argument take place- in court, or on the side of the road?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2750 users online. 153 members and 2597 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X