Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you listen to in your patrol car?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jchughes05
    replied
    I try to listen to 102.7 Jack FM and 98 Rock... but, since HdG mostly gets country stations... them too.

Leave a comment:

• OWI Enforcer
    replied
    Classic Rock. On slow nights I'll grab my Sirius radio.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalFed
    replied
    Back in the patrol days...or should I say nights, I would tune into Art Bell and hear all kinds of crazy people talk about time machines, UFO's, bigfoot, you name it. Funny stuff...

Now I listen to my Sirius satellite radio, whether it's Stern, or the million other channels.

Leave a comment:

• cowbucs
    replied
    Hair Nation and 90's music on Sirius

Leave a comment:

• nobody33
    replied
    I have my ipod on a radio transmitter so the car radio plays it. Thankfully our new cars, which is most of the fleet now, have am/fm radios. During swings I listen to Tom lykis.

Leave a comment:

• mavriktu
    replied
    My Voices

Leave a comment:

• brynmawr
    replied
    Listening?

Sirius-Howar Stern

Leave a comment:

• redbird07
    replied
    Baseball games.

Leave a comment:

• bar221a
    replied
    I listen to classic rock or sometimes country. Whenever I transport a prisoner I listen to the kind of music that they cannot stand.. Whenever the radio is extremely busy I listen to nothing but my police radio.

Leave a comment:

• S.O.444
    replied
    The only things I listen to in the car are radio traffic and my FTO.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    replied
    Classic rock, oldies, and my partner breaking wind..

Leave a comment:

• pressm4n
    replied
    I listen to the the beautiful rockin' beat of PD2 and TAC21, sometimes a little bit of music.

Leave a comment:

• aikido kid
    replied
    Our radio is usually VERY busy, so for the most part just that.

Leave a comment:

• TheFriscoKid
    replied
    I listen to rock stations a lot.

Sometimes talk radio when I get sick of hearing all the same songs over and over. Loveline is a good one to listen to on deeps, keeps you awake.

And no one I make contact with hears anything from my patrol units stereo. I turn it off whenever I am on a traffic stop, transporting, or making any kind of contact with the public. It just seems unprofessional to me to have any kind of music coming from the car in those situations. And God forbid a video of mine is played at a trial of some sort and there I am listening to Primus or something. Just looks bad.

I will usually listen to it at a reasonable level, so that I can clearly hear any radio traffic. But when a good song comes on, you have to turn it up! So up goes the PD radio as well.

Our new rides the department is buying have the jacks for MP3 players and a lot of officers have the sattelite radios they can plug in. So believe me, a lot of cops are jamming out, but just hiding it well.

Leave a comment:

• C-Charlie42
    replied
    My ipod or the local MBraves baseball games. Then their is always those crazy folks calling into coast to coast talking about aliens. Makes for great entertainment at 03:00.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3076 users online. 190 members and 2886 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X