Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you listen to in your patrol car?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you listen to in your patrol car?

I have never heard any music from the cars so I was just wondering?

70's and 8o's R&B, soul, Pop. Bob and Tom. News. Paul harvey. Coast To Coast Am, when I work nights.

Comment

Are you bored today??

Most units have your basic am/fm radios, some satellite. Some LEO's listen, others don't, just like most people. Is it from the rear seat perspective you've never heard music playing, or from being in the general vicinity of one?
      "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Mostly the police radio.
        "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

Everyone who walked up to my car door and said "Can I ask you a question?"
          Three Stripes beats Four Aces.
          Retirement: You've Won the War when you're Paid to Stay at Home.

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
            Most units have your basic am/fm radios, some satellite. Some LEO's listen, others don't, just like most people. Is it from the rear seat perspective you've never heard music playing, or from being in the general vicinity of one?
            lol In the "rear seat perspective," during a couple arrests when I was much younger they let me choose the station. Of course I wasn't being a dumb a**. I have never heard music from the general vicinity like you said before though. I figured because they are on the job.
            I'm just killing time before next class. Thank you though!!

Originally posted by Ten Six View Post
            70's and 8o's R&B, soul, Pop. Bob and Tom. News. Paul harvey. Coast To Coast Am, when I work nights.
            Tight

Originally posted by Gene L View Post
            Mostly the police radio.
            Ok

Originally posted by 1oldsarge View Post
            Everyone who walked up to my car door and said "Can I ask you a question?"
            lol... I would never have the nerve to do that.
            Last edited by citizenrights; 06-11-2007, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I have my Zune (MicroSofts iPod) in the squad now. And the music on it is mostly rock bands that you've probably never heard of.

Oh, and a few episodes of Scrubs.
              "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
                Originally posted by pf217 View Post
                I have my Zune (MicroSofts iPod) in the squad now. And the music on it is mostly rock bands that you've probably never heard of.

Oh, and a few episodes of Scrubs.
                Local rock bands from your area?

Comment

A couple of them. Most of them are "underground" bands that just never made it to the radio. Armor for Sleep, Copeland, Lovedrug, Rise Against, Anberlin. Some popular stuff, too, like Incubus, Chevelle, Tool, Foo Fighters.
                  "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Comment

Originally posted by pf217 View Post
                    A couple of them. Most of them are "underground" bands that just never made it to the radio. Armor for Sleep, Copeland, Lovedrug, Rise Against, Anberlin. Some popular stuff, too, like Incubus, Chevelle, Tool, Foo Fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by citizenrights View Post
                      I have never heard any music from the cars so I was just wondering?

I listen to stations that I listen to anywhere else. Modern stuff. People like Linkin Park, Switchfoot, Nickelback, All American Rejects, Blue October, Eminem, Avril Lavigne, et al. And, yeah, you'll hear music from my police car, lol. The windows are too dark to see out so I roll the driver's side down without turning the radio down.

I also scan two other frequencies among the many in my mobile radio.

Comment

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
                        I listen to stations that I listen to anywhere else. Modern stuff. People like Linkin Park, Switchfoot, Nickelback, All American Rejects, Blue October, Eminem, Avril Lavigne, et al. And, yeah, you'll hear music from my police car, lol. The windows are too dark to see out so I roll the driver's side down without turning the radio down.

I also scan two other frequencies among the many in my mobile radio.
                        That's tight!!! I like some of the same music.

Comment

It usually depends on my mood. One of my partners on shift made me hip to Coast to Coast am on mids...

Oh yeah, I love to play "Ridin Dirty" when I'm taking someone to jail haha
                          Those who stand for nothing often fall for anything.

Comment

I pretty much listen to country or the Twins game.

I was transporting a guy to jail last year and Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" came on. I had to turn it up when it got to "And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free".

If the person's been cool, I'll ask them if they have a radio preference and will change it for them.
                            The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Sometimes a bleeding drunk scumbag yelling about how unfair I am. Sometimes a crazy female who just stabbed her husband. Sometimes the local rock or hip hop station or my ipod with the station hijacker. Oh ya that pesky police radio and scanner too. On occasion, I listen to my partner complain about his wife or girlfriend or husband or the chief or the captains or about me, or about the kids. Sometimes I talk to myself, but only when its really slow, the conversations get a bit long winded.
                              It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3100 users online. 160 members and 2940 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X