300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are lady LE's treated with respect

Are they treated nicely by their fellow co-workers?

Where I am it all depends on the person male/female. Some I like,some I don't but I will back up any and all but truely wonder if it were reversed what may happen.
    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
      Where I am it all depends on the person male/female. Some I like,some I don't but I will back up any and all but truely wonder if it were reversed what may happen.
      Ok, That is good to know that it all depends on the character of the person, like any job, but that when it comes down to it, personal feelings are put aside for their protection.

Thanks chiller

Comment

It's come a long way, but in some circles cops are still 30 years behind the times and think women can't be good cops. You ask me, they're some of the best I've ever worked with. They lead with brains instead of testosterone.

Carry on...
        The All New
        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Or the brains in addition to the testosterone.
          It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
            It's come a long way, but in some circles cops are still 30 years behind the times and think women can't be good cops. You ask me, they're some of the best I've ever worked with. They lead with brains instead of testosterone.

Carry on...
            That's great.

Originally posted by Irishluck31 View Post
            Or the brains in addition to the testosterone.

Comment

Lady LE's

One of the very best bosses I had was a Female.

Comment

Who said that female LEO's were LADIES???
                "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                  One of the very best bosses I had was a Female.
                  That's understandable.

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
                  Who said that female LEO's were LADIES???
                  I have seen some beautiful lady cops. (not trying to sound gay here)

Comment

Yes, if they act in a manner that deserves respect. Just like men.

If a man runs away and hides, he's not going to get the respect of his fellow officers. Same with women.

All deputies/officers regardless of sex are pretty well expected to act within a certain range of professionalism. So long as they do, they're respected as LEOs. Go outside that range and they're not.
                    "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

I have to go with the consensus here; they are treated with respect if they earn their respect, like everyone else. Is it more difficult for a female to earn her respect in law enforcement? Probably. Depends on whose respect they're trying to earn.
                      "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Comment

3 of the best partners I have ever had were females. (One was a trainee who I later got to work with) One of them saved my life on more than one occasion. I would gladly work with a female partner any day of the week. And if they weren't treated with the due respect, I would hope that they would "teach" any offending individual that they deserve their respect!!!
                        Carpe Noctem

Comment

Yes, there are still guys who will resent you because you are a female. Unlike a man, you are going to have to prove that you got the job because you can do the job, not because of what's between your legs. I've worked with useless male officers and I've worked with useless female officers -- if you deserve respect, you will get it.

Comment

Speaking as a female police officer I do agree with the statements made it's all how handle situations and yourself. If you act unreliable then you probably are. Will I back you up if you have given me grief because I am a women YES in a heartbeat. Am I out to prove that women can do the job NO, I'm out to prove I can do the job. Do I work any harder than my male counterparts NO we all work hard. I know I don't have as much physical strength as they do (I don't bench 300+ pounds) there are some things I'm not excellent at and I know what they are and I'm doing my best to overcome those shortcomings (running for one) I also know that there are shortcomings in everyone and for a team to suceed everyone uses what they are good at to compliment someone elses shortcomings. I may not run well but a partner my not be much of talker so where I could talk my out of situation my partner could do a foot chase well. As far as my male counterparts speaking down because I'm a female and they believe females do not make good officers, sticks and stones.....
                            If you can't be honest with yourself who can you be honest with.

Comment

Awwww...guuuuyyysssss

LOL.

I agree with Taz up there. I'm not trying to prove women can do this job, only that I can. I know what my weaknesses are...I know that no matter how much I train, most men are going to be stronger than me...I'm okay with that...I've learned to do the same job, but to do it differently. I use the strengths I do have to make up for my weaknesses. Some men at my department don't like women in LE and don't want us there...that's okay...takes all types to make this world go around...I'll still back him up.

We had a female at the beginning of the year that was fired for cowardice. Yep. One of our men got their arses kicked and she froze. Like it or not, that made things rather difficult for the rest of us women for awhile. We may not win the fight, but we'll lose it together. I'm more scared of letting the men I work with down than I am of any suspect I've had to fight with.
                              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4054 users online. 252 members and 3802 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X