300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you always had a "good moral compass?"

Has knowing the difference between right and wrong always been easy to you?

Do you attribute that to your upbringing when you were kids?

Respectfully asking, you know how a lot of people think that people become cops because they want to retaliate due to the stuff they endured in school etc. but ...that is not true is it? Why do people think that?

Thanks

Are the lady LE's treated with respect?

Oops, this was supposed to be another thread

Comment

Originally posted by citizenrights View Post
      Has knowing the difference between right and wrong always been easy to you? Yes, pretty much always been an easy area for me

Do you attribute that to your upbringing when you were kids? I suppose I could.

Respectfully asking, you know how a lot of people think that people become cops because they want to retaliate due to the stuff they endured in school etc. but ...that is not true is it? Why do people think that?Well, truth behold, I have already arrested several of the punk kids who use to me fun of me... I taught them!.... lol... no, I personally like helping to make a difference, and the cards just laid out for me

Thanks

Comment

That's great. There are so many rumors about cops. I'm glad there is a place to go get the truth.

Thanks CG

Comment

I became a cop 1,000 miles away from where I grew up. That said, the answer is still no. Cops become cops for a number of reasons, but I've never heard of a payback thing.

As to my moral compass, it was agift from my parents on my birthday.
          The All New
          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
            I became a cop 1,000 miles away from where I grew up. That said, the answer is still no. Cops become cops for a number of reasons, but I've never heard of a payback thing.

As to my moral compass, it was agift from my parents on my birthday.
            I wish that I would have been raised like that. Trooper, your a very respectable person, I hope you believe that. Your responses are really genuine and incredible. Nothing like what I used to believe cops were about.

Comment

Respectfully asking, you know how a lot of people think that people become cops because they want to retaliate due to the stuff they endured in school etc. but ...that is not true is it? Why do people think that?

I have always had a good moral compass, which was also given to me from my family. "Stuff" never happened to me in school, I was a good student and no one picked on me.

Those who have the opinion you stated in the quotes above probably are the type who WOULD become cops out of anger, and that's a bad thing. A lot of people judge character not on anything they know, but on how they'd react to a situation.

When I worked dope, all dopers were convinced that a cop just couldn't be around a key of cocaine without dipping in. It was beyond their scope of experience, because that's just what they would do. Tending to pre-judge the actions of others based on what YOU would do isn't necessarily a good thing...either way. A Preacher might think his son would never use drugs, his son might think that ANYONE would use drugs.
              "Say hal-lo to my leetle frahnd!"

Comment

Has knowing the difference between right and wrong always been easy to you? Knowing the difference, yes. Choosing the right one, no.

Do you attribute that to your upbringing when you were kids? I was in the same church from age 2 weeks until I was 19. That, plus my parents' upbringing, yes.

Respectfully asking, you know how a lot of people think that people become cops because they want to retaliate due to the stuff they endured in school etc. but ...that is not true is it? Why do people think that? There are, unfortunately, people who take this job because of the power and authority given. That is the very, very, very small minority of Officers. Most of those people won't make it through the application process.

Thanks
                "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Comment

Originally posted by Gene L View Post

I have always had a good moral compass, which was also given to me from my family. "Stuff" never happened to me in school, I was a good student and no one picked on me.

Those who have the opinion you stated in the quotes above probably are the type who WOULD become cops out of anger, and that's a bad thing. A lot of people judge character not on anything they know, but on how they'd react to a situation.

When I worked dope, all dopers were convinced that a cop just couldn't be around a key of cocaine without dipping in. It was beyond their scope of experience, because that's just what they would do. Tending to pre-judge the actions of others based on what YOU would do isn't necessarily a good thing...either way. A Preacher might think his son would never use drugs, his son might think that ANYONE would use drugs.
                  I see what your saying. No offense meant here, but I feel like the teenager that realized their parents aren't as dumb as they thought, when it comes to cops. thanks Gene

I believe you that most don't make it through the application process and deal with what the rookie on the movie "training day," had to experience, to blow things out of proportion here.

I can't believe I was so damn gullable to believe so much non-sense about cops. Thanks pf

Comment

Has knowing the difference between right and wrong always been easy to you? Knowing the difference? Yes. Always choosing right? Usually but not always

Do you attribute that to your upbringing when you were kids?Absolutely, along with some good teachers, heroes to look up to, and later on some good sergeants.

Respectfully asking, you know how a lot of people think that people become cops because they want to retaliate due to the stuff they endured in school etc. but ...that is not true is it? Why do people think that? I didn't endure much, and I'm not working the area I went to school in.

Thanks
                    I miss you, Dave.
                    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Has knowing the difference between right and wrong always been easy to you?

Do you attribute that to your upbringing when you were kids?

Thanks
                      Yes, I've always had an easy time discerning right and wrong and taking responsibility. I've done some illegal things and morally wrong things, of course, but I've never been in any trouble to speak of.

I think my upbringing is a combination of living in a great community, parents, television (believe it or not), and my own thinking styles.

There are cops that take the job because they were picked on a lot. I know a couple. I think a lot of people think that, or say it even if they're not thinking it, because they're just looking for a way to get one over on the cops. They're trying to create an image better than the cop's. Make sense?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4257 users online. 207 members and 4050 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X