Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picking one Department or waiting for the other?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking one Department or waiting for the other?

*Removed for identical post.
    Last edited by DonLB; 05-19-2021, 08:00 AM.

You should either delete this post, or delete the identical post that you put in the California section.

Comment

• DonLB
      DonLB commented
      Editing a comment
      Understood, I was not sure which area was best to post.
      Last edited by DonLB; 05-19-2021, 08:01 AM.

All things being equal, you should take the first offer your receive and stick with it.

If you want one and not the other, then you should withdraw from the one you don't want so as to not waste any more of their time and money. Accepting one offer, having them spend their time and money on you (hiring process, equipment, and academy all cost money...not to mention the expense of now filling the spot that you left open when they thought they had it filled), and then dumping them for another offer is highly frowned upon. Job-hopping, especially like that, would not reflect well on you if you were to decided to apply elsewhere later.
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• DonLB
      DonLB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the response.
      The July date has not been officially agreed upon for San Diego. Would it be a bad look if I asked about attending their October academy instead? This would allow me time to relocate, and it would give time to hear back from OC to see if that was an option instead of wasting either departments time.

• Bing_Oh
      Bing_Oh commented
      Editing a comment
      You could ask, but don't assume they'll agree...especially if you're asking so you have time to potentially get hired elsewhere. Remember that they're looking to hire to their benefit, not necessarily yours (unless you're a truly golden candidate that departments will fight to hire).

• DonLB
      DonLB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much for your responses. I appreciate the input of someone who would know proper etiquette. I will make a decision between them and stick to it. I do not want to waste either's time nor resources.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2710 users online. 167 members and 2543 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X