300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable van strobe lights

I just started working part time for a cable company, and the van I will be driving has white strobe lights in the rear reverse lights. Are these supposed to be only used when the vehicle is parked on the side of the road working on a pole or can they be used while backing into a street? I don't see a provision for white strobe lights in the Michigan penal code, is the company breaking the law having them installed?

Hey, what happened to the pizza job?

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

I draw the line at tippng for cable installation.

Comment

You should be ok
        John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by michiganDT View Post
          I just started working part time for a cable company, and the van I will be driving has white strobe lights in the rear reverse lights. Are these supposed to be only used when the vehicle is parked on the side of the road working on a pole or can they be used while backing into a street? I don't see a provision for white strobe lights in the Michigan penal code, is the company breaking the law having them installed?
          Don't think it'll be a problem. Answer to your specific question will be found in the Michigan Vehicle Code, not Penal Code.

Comment

I can only tell you what the Illinois Vehicle Code says.

And I will.

625 ILCS 5/12-215 (4) or (5) say that as a vehicle of public utility (4) or oversized vehicle (5), the use of flashing lights is allowed when indicating an unusual traffic hazard. So both parking and backing would be ok with the lights flashing. In Illinois, that is.
            "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Comment

Originally posted by LeanG View Post
              Hey, what happened to the pizza job?
              I am doing both, I need extra cash for the summer. Pizza hours get cut since we are a lot slower. But I am glad noone of you stiff the pizza guy, people think we get the delivery charge, we get 75 cents. Thats barely enough for gas, let alone profit. And as for the cable, they forunately will pay me what I would make at the pizza place with tips, gas and hourly wage combined, except THEY pay for the gas, so no tipping required.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4456 users online. 224 members and 4232 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X