Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$5.00 weather they are good at it or not, they still have to make a living, and I do ok so I spread it around.

Comment

When I was a teenager, like 12 or 13 , we ordered a pizza at a friends house, and we didnt tip much at all, being young and on allowance! And complained about the pizza, and had the driver come back, then on the second trip, they still got it wrong, so the driver had to make 3 trips, that took a period of 2-2 1/2 hours, and there was lots of attitude between us, him, and he only made like a dollar tip from us for three trips. The next morning when my friend woke up, his house, and 3 cars in the driveway were all egged. So that experience taught me never to **** off the pizza guy and leave a good tip. If you stiff them, you never know how much revenge they might want.

Now that im much wiser, making a good wage, I always tip 7 dollars minimum. Before I was a police officer, I worked as a hotel valet for 3 years, so I know what its like to get tips for a living.

But to avoid the tip, I usually drive the 4 blocks and pick it up myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypher69 View Post
        $5.00 weather they are good at it or not, they still have to make a living, and I do ok so I spread it around.
        Tipping is a touchy subject with me. I don’t mind tipping for good service but I have a problem rewarding poor service. I also tip a little more during bad weather.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganDT View Post
          Yea, but who would deliver the pizza then? I will get another job when I get out of college, either LE or business, but in the meantime it would be nice if people didn't make it so miserable. Basically, being a college student it's either this job or minimum wage, and I can't afford to live on that.
          If you're that concerned with money why don't you go for a job in waitering. You can make far more than that of a pizza delivery guy and you don't go to the customer, they come to you. As far as tipping goes...it's the same as at a restaurant, %15-20.
          Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
            If you're that concerned with money why don't you go for a job in waitering. You can make far more than that of a pizza delivery guy and you don't go to the customer, they come to you. As far as tipping goes...it's the same as at a restaurant, %15-20.
            Actually that's not so much true. Before I got into LE and I delivered pizza, and loved it. I made just as much or more than my buddies who waited (even after gas), and I only had to deal with people for a minute at a time instead of an hour or more.

As far as getting a crappy tip, well there are other times when you get good tips, so just add it up to Ying-Yang.

Comment

I usually tip anywhere from $2-5 depending on how long it takes and how fresh the pizza happens to be.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4217 users online. 288 members and 3929 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X