Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good Law Enforcement agency to work for in Southern California?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good Law Enforcement agency to work for in Southern California?

What do you think is the best Law Enforcement agency to work for in southern California? Best pay, work environment, benefits, hour schedule, retirement, co workers working with you, work ethic people etc.

Mainly in San Diego County or Orange County preferably

California? Are you kidding? Are you familiar with how LAPD officer Toni McBride's shooting is going?

Comment

Originally posted by Aidokea View Post
      California? Are you kidding? Are you familiar with how LAPD officer Toni McBride's shooting is going?
      I am. All things considered, it went pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Copper View Post

I am. All things considered, it went pretty well.
        She was determined to be out of policy.

That’s not very well...
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

She was determined to be out of policy.

That’s not very well...
          Yeah. It smells to me like they're going after her because of the 1.5 million dollar lawsuit they lost to her dad, as well as her dad's leadership role in their police union...

Comment

The Use of Force Review Board and the Chief of Police found all six rounds in policy. The civilian Police Commission found the first four rounds in policy and the last two out of policy. That's not unusual for our department since they are not police officers and don't know what it's like to be out on the street under stress situations.

The Police Commission is known to do that kind of thing in several other OIS incidents, not just hers. That doesn't mean anything bad will come out of it nor does it mean they are "going after her."

Comment

• Aidokea
              Aidokea commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks....

I had cases with the San Bernardino Sheriff's Office back in 2011-2012. At the time, they had a lot of support from the DA and the community. Relative to LA County anyway. Not sure how that's changed in the last couple years though. I'd avoid any of the more urban cities/counties.

Comment

Originally posted by CHPstrong View Post
              What do you think is the best Law Enforcement agency to work for in southern California? Best pay, work environment, benefits, hour schedule, retirement, co workers working with you, work ethic people etc.

Mainly in San Diego County or Orange County preferably
              The one that will hire you.
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

The one that will hire you.
                That used to be the conventional wisdom.

Now, I’m pretty sure you’re better off collecting today’s enhanced unemployment benefits than working for a department that will throw you under the bus.
                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post

That used to be the conventional wisdom.

Now, I’m pretty sure you’re better off collecting today’s enhanced unemployment benefits than working for a department that will throw you under the bus.
                  I would flip hamburgers before working for an agency that wouldn't back me.

I was actively looking for a job....................ANY job 5 yrs before I retired. I was this close to leaving but chose to hold out until I could collect a pension ..

THAT won't happen again I left my first post retirement job after 10 days when I decided the place sucked to much
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2765 users online. 153 members and 2612 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X