300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• police tasers

good day all, do you need to turn on a taser after you draw it or do you just need to draw it and pull the trigger to fire it?? also it there much of a weight difference between a taser and a glock?? not sure if you heard about it but here in MN a police officer got the 2 weapons confused
    Last edited by roadrunner5877; 04-17-2021, 08:19 PM.

That’s a training issue. Nothing else.

Comment

im just a civilian but i would think that training is on going does not matter how many years you been a LEO

Comment

The way to train with tasers is to have them on the off side. Negligent taser discharge is a training issue.

Comment

It drives me insane(r) when everyone, whether civilian or PO / LEO, refers to conducted energy weapons by the brand name; no sense going down the Band-Aid route with these use-of-force tools.
          #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
          Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
          RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
          Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
          "Smile" - no!

Comment

So what other brands are out there in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by roadrunner5877 View Post
            good day all, do you need to turn on a taser after you draw it or do you just need to draw it and pull the trigger to fire it?? also it there much of a weight difference between a taser and a glock?? not sure if you heard about it but here in MN a police officer got the 2 weapons confused
            This officer is not the first and will not be the last to draw the wrong weapon ....................It happens not frequently but enough that most agencies have safeguards in place to make it harder to confuse the two.

im just a civilian but i would think that training is on going does not matter how many years you been a LEO

We understand you are a civilian.

It is a long standing matter here on the forum that we do not discuss procedural issues. The way we train is part of that.

I get yearly training on the use of the Taser
            Last edited by Iowa #1603; 04-18-2021, 07:10 AM.
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Many departments require the Taser be carried so that it has to be fired by the off-hand.

It is extremely easy and common in a high-pressure situation to draw your sidearm when you meant to draw a Taser if they are on the same side and are drawn with the “strong” hand.

Its possible to do it even when worn for draw by the off hand, but makes it less likely.

What it weighs, how it feels... none of that really matters because you’re running on muscle memory.

Departments train constantly, but humans make mistakes.

The officer made a mistake but the subject created the situation where the mistake was possible in the first place.
              Last edited by tanksoldier; 04-19-2021, 02:17 PM.
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

The ex=Police Officer made a MAJOR mistake, and NOW has to pay for it, as does her former Agency.
                As far as the questions, those will be answered during the Trial, unless she takes a plea-bargain.
                Otherwise, civilians need NO more information than that.
                #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2759 users online. 132 members and 2627 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X