Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't have a CCW, it is illegal to have a loaded firearm on your person or within your reach in TN (TCA 39-17-1307).

If it is not within reach (i.e. trunk), then you will not have a problem.
    Last edited by SgtScott31; 06-09-2007, 11:21 AM.
    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by Sid View Post
      Hello all,

I live in the upstate area of SC and I own a Glock model 22 firearm that I keep locked in my glove compartment of my car, loaded with one in the chamber. It is legal here for me to do so. It usually stays there unless I visit the range or for a cleaning. I do not have a ccw, yet.

I will be traveling from here to the lower part of Illinoise next weekend to see my father I havent seen in 5 years. Due to some mechanical issues with my car, I dont know if I would trust it to make it that far. I think it will, but I will be traveling by myself at night and that isnt a chance I am willing to take. So my best friend has offered his new 06 car for me to take the trip. I have accepted and also want to secure my firearm in his car for the trip, as I do in my own personal vehicle.

Now to my question(s). Traveling across the states north through NC, TN, KY into IL, in the highly unlikely event I were to be pulled over. Are other states reciprocal to my own state laws? Also, because the car does not belong to me, would I (or him) face liabilities for me having a firearm secured in his vehicle?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I don't know about there, but you're welcomed to have it here in Arkansas. We have wording that allows people to carry a weapon if they're "on a journey" so even without a concealed handgun license then you're safe.

Comment

The Fed law mentioned above is Firearms Owners` Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA). Sorry I don't have a legal cite for you, but that should help you find it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4187 users online. 253 members and 3934 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X