Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have different standards for choosing your date?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do you have different standards for choosing your date?

    Now that your a policeman or policewoman? Is there a certain image, like the preppie image that your attracted to? Or is it all still a personal preference for every cop like before you joined the force?

    What do you look for in your date? Or is it pretty much the same across the board for non cops and cops alike?

    Have any of you ever dated anyone that has an extensive criminal record? What did your friends think about it, or do you try to keep your private life out of the job?



    These are personal questions, no offense meant again, please answer if you'd like.

    Thanks again!!!

  • #2
    Dating standards??? Hmmmmm, it's been a while... Let me see what kind of list I can come up with.
    1. Must be smarter than my dog.
    2. Must have bombs.
    3. Must be personable, and have a sense of humor.
    4. Must have bombs.
    5. Must not be, or ever have been a criminal.
    6. Must have bombs.
    7. Must be pleasing to behold.
    8. Must have bombs.
    9. Must like to shoot guns or whatever, and number 10,
    10. Must have bombs.
    As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by grog18b View Post
      Dating standards??? Hmmmmm, it's been a while... Let me see what kind of list I can come up with.
      1. Must be smarter than my dog.
      2. Must have bombs.
      3. Must be personable, and have a sense of humor.
      4. Must have bombs.
      5. Must not be, or ever have been a criminal.
      6. Must have bombs.
      7. Must be pleasing to behold.
      8. Must have bombs.
      9. Must like to shoot guns or whatever, and number 10,
      10. Must have bombs.
      Ok so of course having the same hobbies is important! I can understand how dating someone with a criminal record being a cop would be a total turn off. You know, I take that back, it's a turn off for anyone.



      Thanks grog

      Comment


      • #4
        Let's see your picture and I'll then decide whether to reveal what I look for!!
        "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

        "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
          Let's see your picture and I'll then decide whether to reveal what I look for!!


          I'm not that pretty to be honest.

          But tell me anyways if you'd like, are your standards different now that your a policeman?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by citizenrights View Post
            Ok so of course having the same hobbies is important! I can understand how dating someone with a criminal record being a cop would be a total turn off. You know, I take that back, it's a turn off for anyone.



            Thanks grog
            Dating someone with a criminal record can also a pretty rapid track to termination.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
              Dating someone with a criminal record can also a pretty rapid track to termination.
              I didn't know that, it seems pretty severe but considering the job it's understandable. Would it be the fast track to termination because of conflicts of interest?

              Thanks philip

              Comment


              • #8
                Definatly have different standards then before I was welcomed to the machine. Prefer others that were melded. Especially ones that dont get all emotional and dont expect to much emotion or affection in return. They have to understand not to ask questions. Not to provoke violance. No criminal records. Can live on the edge and play hard. No alcoholics. Ohh yeah and must be smarter than a dog. I think Im falling for Grog lol!!! Bombs especially homemade ones.
                Reality is only a perception

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GGw/edge View Post
                  Definatly have different standards then before I was welcomed to the machine. Prefer others that were melded. Especially ones that dont get all emotional and dont expect to much emotion or affection in return. They have to understand not to ask questions. Not to provoke violance. No criminal records. Can live on the edge and play hard. No alcoholics. Ohh yeah and must be smarter than a dog. I think Im falling for Grog lol!!! Bombs especially homemade ones.
                  ok,,,,I can understand a little where your coming from. I'm obviously not a cop, but I can imagine that in your job when you give all day emotionally(I'm assuming?) it is better to just be able to relax with your man when you get home at the end of the day and not have to cater to them like a lot of men ya know.

                  Also to have someone that has some credible idea about the sacrifices and stuff you do so that he can help make things better when you get home.

                  You'll find a great man like that!! Thanks for your insight about the subject. One more thing.

                  Is it important to also have friends that can do those things as well, when you meet people that aren't cops? I think that fellow police officers would already know.

                  Thanks again.

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    I still have the same "standards" I did as when I was non-LEO. The only difference now is that if for some reason I was attracted to, oh, say, a crackhead, I'd probably have to contain myself for the sake of keeping my job. I think most departments have policies against associating with known criminals. We've canned two people for that. I've always liked the clean girls, anyhow.


                    What do you look for in your date? Or is it pretty much the same across the board for non cops and cops alike?

                    It's not the same. If it were, I'd want all of the wives of the guys at my department. Turns out, I only want about 2 of them.

                    Have any of you ever dated anyone that has an extensive criminal record? What did your friends think about it, or do you try to keep your private life out of the job?

                    Again, associating with known criminals. If you know they have a criminal history, don't associate.
                    "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

                    "We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I still have the same standards that i had prior to becoming a cop. The biggest difference now is if i detect the slightest hint of flakyness i will not stick around and give the girl a second chance. Ive seen plenty of cops get themselves in bad situations by dating girls that continue to push their buttons.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by citizenrights View Post
                        One more thing.

                        Is it important to also have friends that can do those things as well, when you meet people that aren't cops? I think that fellow police officers would already know.
                        I think to kinda (re)answer your question all in one post, to me, my standards and needs didn't change at all when going from non-LEO to LEO. I was hired young (21), but still, that's 21 prior years of making and having friends, and about 10 years of being interested in girls. So my "standards" were already long established.

                        All that has changed is that I'm smarter about people. I can read them better and get the necessary vibes in order to make a judgment call of whether or not I should be around them or be friends with them. I think we all still need the whole "grab bag" of people. That is to say, all of the different personalities and traits that different friends contribute that make your whole circle of friends (and life) what it is. I need my jokers, my consolers, my friends who will just go out for dinner when I'm hungry and bored, my camping buddies, etc. None of that has changed.

                        As far as girls, I've always had high standards. I've only really, really liked 3 girls (marriage potential-liked), and I dated the three of them (woops, not marriage potential ). Nothing has changed now except I make a little bit quicker judgments on their personality.

                        Phew.
                        "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

                        "We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by grog18b View Post
                          Dating standards??? Hmmmmm, it's been a while... Let me see what kind of list I can come up with.
                          1. Must be smarter than my dog.
                          2. Must have bombs.
                          3. Must be personable, and have a sense of humor.
                          4. Must have bombs.
                          5. Must not be, or ever have been a criminal.
                          6. Must have bombs.
                          7. Must be pleasing to behold.
                          8. Must have bombs.
                          9. Must like to shoot guns or whatever, and number 10,
                          10. Must have bombs.
                          Does this mean you're on the bomb squad?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My 'type' has remained the same. Female (duh), brunette, hispanic, small chest, big round glutes, and non-smoker. That is my honest shallow answer At least i'm honest.

                            I've dated a few girls who were very nice until I found out about their criminal past. I tend to do an in-person background check on them while at dinner.
                            "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by pf217 View Post

                              I still have the same "standards" I did as when I was non-LEO. The only difference now is that if for some reason I was attracted to, oh, say, a crackhead, I'd probably have to contain myself for the sake of keeping my job. I think most departments have policies against associating with known criminals. We've canned two people for that. I've always liked the clean girls, anyhow.


                              What do you look for in your date? Or is it pretty much the same across the board for non cops and cops alike?

                              It's not the same. If it were, I'd want all of the wives of the guys at my department. Turns out, I only want about 2 of them.

                              Have any of you ever dated anyone that has an extensive criminal record? What did your friends think about it, or do you try to keep your private life out of the job?

                              Again, associating with known criminals. If you know they have a criminal history, don't associate.
                              Thanks PF, I never realized how strict the departments are about dating known criminals. It makes perfect sense though. What about being friends with people that have criminal records? Is that OK?

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4218 users online. 212 members and 4006 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X