300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of DUI

Lets say you get totally hammered, I mean chug 151 till you almost pass out. You don't pass out but you are so drunk you can barely move your eyes. If you go to sleep at that moment, and wake up in 8 hours, is it possible to still be over the legal limit? I was always told 8 hours was enough time to get any intoxicant or drug out of your system, our boss always said just stop drinking 8 hours before coming into work. Is this true? I guess this is more of a medical question but I didn't know where else to ask.

It is possible, your body only dumps the alcohol in your system at a certain rate. Someone correct me if i'm wrong I believe its like around .01-.02 an hour or so. Theres no magic cure like coffee or water to help out just time.

I believe it works out to like one can of beer/ 1shot of alcohol takes one hour from time of completion to start burning out.
    Last edited by JDCOP; 06-08-2007, 12:58 AM.
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

A normally functioning body eliminates .015 BAC per hour. So, it's totally possible to get absolutely blasted on the previous evening (like a BAC of .20+), go to bed and sleep 8 hours, and still be over the legal limit when you drive to wherever the next morning. I've arrested people for it.
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I agree with bing oh
        John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post
          A normally functioning body eliminates .015 BAC per hour. So, it's totally possible to get absolutely blasted on the previous evening (like a BAC of .20+), go to bed and sleep 8 hours, and still be over the legal limit when you drive to wherever the next morning. I've arrested people for it.
          Yep. If .30 counts as "absolutely blasted" (which I think we can all agree that it does), it could take you 20 hours to get back to .000.
          "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Comment

Originally posted by redbird07 View Post
            I agree with bing oh
            I agree with Bing Oh and Redbird07.
            Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

All previous advice is good advice. I would also add that your own body chemistry, height, weight, ect., plays a role. I once did a study of the effect of alcohol on my system with unbiased methods, alcohol, ect, just to see how the effects of alcohol react on my system. I wanted to know how alcohol affected me. That way I could have some idea of how others react.
              John 3:16

Comment

Dui

Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post
                That's the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
                  I agree with Bing Oh and Redbird07.
                  I agree with Bing Oh, Redbird07, and Pujolsfan146.
                  What Delta said x2

Comment

I had a guy once argue in court that there was no WAY he was OWI when arrested him at 7:30am because he had slept a full 8 hours before heading out. He was a .17. Guilty.
                    Originally posted by kontemplerande
                    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by PFL View Post
                      I agree with Bing Oh, Redbird07, and Pujolsfan146.
                      I agree with Bing Oh, Redbird07, Pujolsfan146, PFL, and the last two words of PhilipCal. Oh and the Pope. Usually.
                      "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Comment

Originally posted by pf217 View Post
                        I agree with Bing Oh, Redbird07, Pujolsfan146, PFL, and the last two words of PhilipCal. Oh and the Pope. Usually.
                        I agree with Bing Oh, Redbird07, Pujolsfan146, PFL, and pf217 except for the pope part.

(Sorry, end of week work stoppage.)

Comment

Originally posted by pf217 View Post
                          Yep. If .30 counts as "absolutely blasted" (which I think we can all agree that it does), it could take you 20 hours to get back to .000.
                          And those 20 hours would not be pleasant ones.
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6544 users online. 352 members and 6192 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X