300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do so many post CCW threads?

I mean really...??? I get the impression that a lot of people are in law enforcement strictly because they get to carry a "shootin' iron."

What's the big deal here? Read your agency policy and be familiar with weapons law. All of your questions WILL be answered therein.

My guess is that alot of people in law enforcement, particularly new officers, do not have much "gun" experience outside of work and the idea of going armed all the time, in AND out of uniform, is alien to them. Being able to get their questions answered by those that are more experienced with concealed/off-duty carry is probably reassuring and helps them to get a grasp on appropriate gear, clothing, weapons, etc. Policy and weapons law tells you nothing about what it is like to be armed all the time and won't answer the questions someone may have about carrying at their kids school event or church or when going to visit family two states over, etc. I don't know about your agency but the dept's I work for and the majority of those that I am familiar with give little or no training or advice on concealed/off-duty carry and/or BUGs except to encourage both. I applaud those that ask questions, however simple, in an effort to learn so that they don't make poor choices when making purchases or deciding how and where they will carry.

All of that being said, I don't claim to be an expert on the subject but I carry all the time, everywhere I go, including plenty of places that are technically "off limits" even to off-duty LEOs and I have for years. I have put alot of time and effort into choosing guns, gear, and clothing so that I run the least risk of giving away the fact that I am armed and I am always willing to discuss legal concealed carry, off-duty carry, or BUGs with anyone that is interested in the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by WC145 View Post
      My guess is that alot of people in law enforcement, particularly new officers, do not have much "gun" experience outside of work and the idea of going armed all the time, in AND out of uniform, is alien to them. Being able to get their questions answered by those that are more experienced with concealed/off-duty carry is probably reassuring and helps them to get a grasp on appropriate gear, clothing, weapons, etc. Policy and weapons law tells you nothing about what it is like to be armed all the time and won't answer the questions someone may have about carrying at their kids school event or church or when going to visit family two states over, etc. I don't know about your agency but the dept's I work for and the majority of those that I am familiar with give little or no training or advice on concealed/off-duty carry and/or BUGs except to encourage both. I applaud those that ask questions, however simple, in an effort to learn so that they don't make poor choices when making purchases or deciding how and where they will carry.

All of that being said, I don't claim to be an expert on the subject but I carry all the time, everywhere I go, including plenty of places that are technically "off limits" even to off-duty LEOs and I have for years. I have put alot of time and effort into choosing guns, gear, and clothing so that I run the least risk of giving away the fact that I am armed and I am always willing to discuss legal concealed carry, off-duty carry, or BUGs with anyone that is interested in the subject.
      YEP
      John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by redbird07 View Post
        YEP
        I'm just gonna agree with that "YEP" because the post that it's referring to is too long for me to read at 5 in the morning.
        "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

"We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

Comment

Ah. Well, the idea of being unfamiliar with guns is alien to me. Here, you'll find them everywhere. I don't carry a gun all the time, and I don't feel the need. I remember when I did start carrying one a couple years ago though. It never bothered me or made me feel akward. Ok, peace.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5899 users online. 316 members and 5583 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X