Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Undercover Officers...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Undercover Officers...

    Okay, so this girl that I work with set me up with this guy...he claims to be an undercover police officer. Could this be true? I thought that undercover meant that people weren't supposed to know that you are a police officer? I'm really weirded out about this.

  • #2
    If he put it the way that you put, you should be weirded out. Most guys would tell you that they're a Police Officer, then if you pry about what they do, they would tell you that they do undercover work. People in his personal life will of course know that he's a cop. I would just get more information. Find out where he works and what type of work he does. If he was THAT vague about it, I'd question his credibility.
    "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

    "We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

    Comment


    • #3
      The way he told me was pretty strange. The girl that set us up told him that I'm going to school for forensic science. So we meet, and within 30 seconds of the conversation he's like, "I'm an undercover police officer." I don't know if he was trying to impress me or what, but my gut tells me he's lying. I didn't ask him what he did for a living, he just nervously volunteered the 'information'. He claims he works for the police department in the city in which I work, but I've never seen him before. Also, he's pretty young (I'm not sure that would be a factor in undercover work, but again, it makes me think he's lying). I know a couple of the officers that work there, so I'll ask them about him.

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, if he is working undercover, I think he kind of defeated the whole purpose of it.

        My vote would be 98 per cent chance he is an imposter, 2 per cent chance he is a rookie.

        Comment


        • #5
          Ask him to see his badge and ID, because you've "never seen a real one before". If he says he doesn't have one because he works undercover, then the "undercover" he's referring to is the bedroom.

          A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

          It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sarah83 View Post
            The way he told me was pretty strange. The girl that set us up told him that I'm going to school for forensic science. So we meet, and within 30 seconds of the conversation he's like, "I'm an undercover police officer." I don't know if he was trying to impress me or what, but my gut tells me he's lying. I didn't ask him what he did for a living, he just nervously volunteered the 'information'. He claims he works for the police department in the city in which I work, but I've never seen him before. Also, he's pretty young (I'm not sure that would be a factor in undercover work, but again, it makes me think he's lying). I know a couple of the officers that work there, so I'll ask them about him.

            Sarah. Trust your gut feeing. If you feel he's lying, get out. There is no room for lying/deciet in a relationship. Who knows what this guy could be up to. It sounds like you are on the right track. Since you know a couple of officers, ask them about him. If he is lying and not on the dept., maybe they can help you find out his intentions.

            Good luck and be safe.
            John 3:16

            Comment


            • #7
              exactly as others have said, trust your gut feeling. I can't recall ever talking to an officer and having them specifically identify themselves as an undercover police officer, it has always been, I'm a police officer/sargeant/detective ect..

              Comment


              • #8
                He may be so undercover though that no one in his family KNOWS he's a police officer. Or maybe he's gotten himself in a jam and does some undercover work FOR the police to save his own skin. My money's on, NOT A COP. Let us know what you find out!!
                Last edited by JonMcD1980; 06-07-2007, 07:09 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  hehehe, sounds like he is a confidential source snitching, or maybe a college kid working with the pd in alcohol stings....if it sounds fishy, it probably is.
                  "I am... reminded of something Cardinal Wolsey once told me. That I should only ever tell the king what he ought to do, not what he could do; for if the lion knows his own strength, no man could control him". Sir Thomas More

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thank you all for the posts!
                    I talked to one of the officers from the police department today...he said that the guy is a volunteer. I guess he's trying to become a police officer, but it's really not working for him- he's failed the academy twice. Obviously, he's lying about the undercover thing. And he lied about his age...god only knows what else he's lied about! I'm just glad I only went on one date with the loser!
                    Last edited by Sarah83; 06-07-2007, 10:37 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sarah83 View Post
                      Thank you all for the posts!
                      I talked to one of the officers from the police department today...he said that the guy is a volunteer. I guess he's trying to become a police officer, but it's really not working for him- he's failed the academy twice. Obviously, he's lying about the undercover thing. And he lied about his age...god only knows what else he's lied about! I'm just glad I only went on one date with the loser!
                      Sounds like you're going to do just fine in forensic science. Good luck with your school.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sarah83 View Post
                        Thank you all for the posts!
                        I talked to one of the officers from the police department today...he said that the guy is a volunteer. I guess he's trying to become a police officer, but it's really not working for him- he's failed the academy twice. Obviously, he's lying about the undercover thing. And he lied about his age...god only knows what else he's lied about! I'm just glad I only went on one date with the loser!
                        Glad to hear it. Getting out when the getting is good is the best way.
                        John 3:16

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          What an over-the-top wannabee. Good job sarah!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I just got out of the academy.. We had a cadet in our class that reminds me of the guy you are talking about.. one lie after another.. man it was a long 17 weeks, but this person actually graduated, which is quite scary.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Future Policemen, much like current Firemen, tend to be a little over-the-top with their enthusiasm concerning the job. How well one can contain that enthusiasm can say a lot about their maturity and character. Good lesson, here.
                              "The majority of people are sheep. Wolves prey on the sheep. You are the sheepdog. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. " -Lt. Col. Grossman

                              "We are righteous under the law, and we are righteous under God!" -Chief T. Fleming

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6420 users online. 349 members and 6071 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X