300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badge/Off-Duty CCW

What is the rule about Officer's carrying their badge when they carry concealed (in California)? Does it have to be next to the gun, or easily displayed when you draw, etc?

The reason I ask is because I saw a guy at a Motorcycle event the other day, and noticed his badge sticking out below his leather riding jacket. He was a friend of a friend, so I knew he was an Officer. Maybe that's why I noticed it so quickly. I'm sure it wasn't easy to find a place to carry his badge wearing all his leather gear, but it just seemed so obivious. But maybe its just me who noticed it.
    “Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway” (John Wayne)

There is no specific rule pertaining to the location of your badge when carrying. All the cops I know in CA. carry their flat badges in a wallet type badge holder, along with their departmental issued picture ID. Ideally, on the opposite side of their firearm.

From experience, off duty cops who allow their badge to be seen, want it to be seen In twenty two years of carrying, I've never unintentionally(or intentionally) allowed anyone to see my gun or ID.
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

i carry it in my left (weak side) back pocket, so that if i draw, my left hadn grabs it and shows it
      Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

usually there aren't any rules. but i believe you must carry your ID if you carry off duty..not just your badge. i carry seperate flat badge/id

Comment

Originally posted by Conallron View Post
          The reason I ask is because I saw a guy at a Motorcycle event the other day, and noticed his badge sticking out below his leather riding jacket. .
          Was that his badge, or maybe he was just happy to see you

Every department has small variations, but for us, as long as you have your ID card and badge on your person, then you are, by dept. policy, allowed to carry a gun. It doesn't mention where the badge has to be displayed as some officers carry it in their wallet, or around their neck or on their belt buckle, etc.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

When I carry on my belt, both on and off duty, I like to have my badge right next to the firearm, instead of the other side. If I carry any other way, I use my wallet badge inside my credentials in my pocket.

Comment

I carry my flat badge in my wallet on my weak side. That way if someone tries to rob me or something, i can be going for my gun while i'm distracting them with producing my wallet. If I'm being robbed at gunpoint the perp can believe I'm the biggest wuss in the world. BUT when I produce my wallet there is going to be lead comming with it. Practicing and mulling over serious incidents in your mind can do wonders for you preparedness for the real thing. Hopefully, I will never have to find out.
              John 3:16

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5509 users online. 293 members and 5216 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X