300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

I am settling a debate with my buddy, I notice Troopers do this a lot more than local because they are on the highways. Why does law enforcement sit in the median with their spot light on pointing into traffic? It’s not exactly pointing into traffic but to the side of the vehicle when it passes by them. I say it is to see the quick glimpse as to whether or not they have a seat belt. My other buddy says it’s so they can see in the car for wanted or bolo individuals. I have another friend who says it’s so that other cars can see them in the middle better but that doesn’t make sense as their lights aren’t pointed toward the vehicles in their eyes. Just to the sides. Any help is appreciated thanks

Here’s the best visual representation I have about what I’m talking about sadly. Imagine it’s at night and the spot lights are on out in front of them lol. It has to be a fairly known tactic of some sort because I’ve seen Oklahoma HP do it as well
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

That's a roadside conference. They aren't looking for anything.
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

It’s the lights, it’s not one cop, every trooper I see on the interstate does it. Its frequent enough that me and my buddies have drawn attention to it. I live in Tennessee, I’ve only ever noticed Oklahoma do it as well. If they’re hanging out, why are both of their spot lights on pointing into traffic?

Comment

Originally posted by Gator639 View Post
          I am settling a debate with my buddy, I notice Troopers do this a lot more than local because they are on the highways. Why does law enforcement sit in the median with their spot light on pointing into traffic? It’s not exactly pointing into traffic but to the side of the vehicle when it passes by them. I say it is to see the quick glimpse as to whether or not they have a seat belt. My other buddy says it’s so they can see in the car for wanted or bolo individuals. I have another friend who says it’s so that other cars can see them in the middle better but that doesn’t make sense as their lights aren’t pointed toward the vehicles in their eyes. Just to the sides. Any help is appreciated thanks
          Paragraphs, dude...paragraphs...

Comment

No idea. I've never seen it in Ohio, nor when I have been traveling. Maybe they do it for visibility. I doubt that either one of your theories are correct.

Comment

Looking for a bolo, looking for occupants reactions, reading license plates, warning of potholes, watching snakes cross the streets, scaring deer away...

Comment

• Aidokea
                Aidokea commented
                Editing a comment
                Performing beat checks of the insides of their eyelids, shopping Amazon Prime on their MDT, Proof-reading the internet, watching movies on their phone...

You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post
                That's a roadside conference. They aren't looking for anything.
                yep. They are probably each at the end of their patrol zone, and talking before they head back the other way.
                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4675 users online. 285 members and 4390 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X