Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capitol Riot - Agencies other than US Capitol Police/DC Metro?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capitol Riot - Agencies other than US Capitol Police/DC Metro?

News about the Capitol Insurrection talked a lot about the heroic actions of the U.S. Capitol Police and the Metro DC cops. But I know there are lots of other cops in that immediate area (U.S. Park Police, U.S. Supreme Court Police, Secret Service, etc.). Were any other agencies involved? If so, why haven't we heard about it?

And what about in the aftermath? I'm sure Capitol PD was due a break -- would other federal agencies, especially those with a similar 'building security' mission, pitch in to help out through some sort of mutual aid?

Montgomery County PD Special Events Response Team was loading to respond to planned mutual aid to MPDC when Capitol called for help on PMARS, a radio channel I have heard used once operationally apart from occasional tests. In addition to MCPD, I have heard that Maryland State Police, Prince George's County Police, Virginia State Police, Arlington County Police, Fairfax PD (not sure if City or County), Baltimore (again , not sure if City or County)New Jersey State Police, and FBI.

I cannot speak as to why we haven't heard about any of those agencies. It may be because MPDC and USCP were in the thick of it from the start and suffered the most injuries. MCPD got there fairly quickly, but even they obviously took some time.

I have not heard anything about agencies assisting USCP in the aftermath, but I'm out here in the 'burbs.
    John from Maryland

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4761 users online. 319 members and 4442 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X