Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever seen a cop get into a confrontation with another cop?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever seen a cop get into a confrontation with another cop?

You see it in the movies, tv shows, there's a strong bond of brothers and sisters among cops, like you see with the military. But do cops ever butt heads with eachother? Have you seen fights? Have you seen cops arguing with high ranking from a different department? Example, a State Trooper arguing with a city police captain or chief. Were there repercussions, how often does it happen?

Originally posted by Gerald2121 View Post
    You see it in the movies, tv shows, there's a strong bond of brothers and sisters among cops, like you see with the military. But do cops ever butt heads with eachother? Have you seen fights? Have you seen cops arguing with high ranking from a different department? Example, a State Trooper arguing with a city police captain or chief. Were there repercussions, how often does it happen?
    Cops are people. People butt heads. So yes, it happens.

The most serious intra-agency and inter-agency altercations usually involve cops screwing around with other cops' spouses or significant others.

Comment

We had a shootout with another agency once. They tried to ticket one of ours. Mayhem. Was hard to keep it out of the papers.

Comment

It's been going on forever. In the old days, we used to go out behind the car wash and settle things.

Sometimes, it wasn't so private- I can remember two-thirds of a lesbian love triangle choking the $#it out of each other in uniform, pulling hair, throwing wild haymakers, and knocking stuff over right at the front desk that faced the lobby of the central precinct of the large west coast agency that we all worked for. Don't know how that one worked out for everybody...

Comment

...and it's not just cops- firefighters, paramedics, and ER staff go through it too.

Sometimes it's even a combination of those things- my younger brother was an Advanced Life Support paramedic in the early '90s, and responded to a case where an Asian immigrant wife had caught her husband cheating on her, so she intentionally poisoned all five of their children and herself.

My little brother had one that he thought might survive, but there wasn't enough medical equipment to go around. A firefighter had a monitor on a child that was extremely dead, but he refused to give up the monitor because the news crew was pointing a camera at him, so he didn't want to be filmed giving up, even though he knew that his efforts didn't amount to anything more than medical theater.

My little brother caught up with him before they left the scene, and knocked him the eff out.

Comment

Define confrontation.

I've seen fights

I've seen arguments....heated ones

I've seen worse

I worked with a guy that I never spoke to for 15 yrs except for work related situations.................... I wouldn't have ****ed on him if he was on fire & he thought likewise. BUT we backed each other up frequently on duty
            My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I was mentoring a young officer on DUI stuff about 10 years ago. I was an FTO, but he was not my trainee- he had recently gone solo, he wanted some help with DUI stuff, and I was good at it.

I took him to my favorite fishing hole at about midnight, and we stopped a vehicle swerving down the road.

We didn't know it, but the operator had intended to stop there, to pick up someone.

When me and the rookie approached on foot, a male stepped out of the shadows, opened the passenger door, and looked right at us. I called out in the Big Boy Voice to stop, but he got in, closed the door, and the vehicle began to move just as we reached the vehicle. I slapped the quarter panel with my hand, the vehicle jerked to a stop, the passenger door opened...and I found myself face to face with the department's most prolific problem, off-duty, drunk off his butt, extremely belligerent, and challenging me to fight.

He was absolutely furious that I would not back down to him, and my Sergeant had to respond to the scene to separate us.

He was already beyond his last chance (stuff like issuing a laser speeding ticket off-duty...with no laser), and got fired. Some time later, he was arrested when other officers found a loaded pistol under the seat of his personal vehicle.
              Last edited by Aidokea; 02-08-2021, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                I worked with a guy that I never spoke to for 15 yrs except for work related situations.................... I wouldn't have ****ed on him if he was on fire & he thought likewise. BUT we backed each other up frequently on duty
                Amen!

We are brothers and sisters in blue- I would lay down my life in the blink of an eye to protect any of them, and I would lay down the life of anyone trying to kill them even quicker, regardless of how I felt about them personally...

Comment

Guess his mouth got him in trouble again...

Comment

• Aidokea
                    Aidokea commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Whose mouth?

• CCCSD
                    CCCSD commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Your prolific officer who enjoyed his suck and slurp.

• Aidokea
                    Aidokea commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah. There were a lot of "agains" with him...

Many years back we had an officer who had a chip on his shoulder, not towards the public but towards other officers and the department. He would constantly push the buttons of others trying to provoke incidents but if anyone dared respond, he claimed he was being harassed because of his ethnicity. Supervisors and management were perplexed as to what to do as he was extremely skilled at playing the race card. Any corrective action they took would put them in a bad light publicly, as he was free to go to the press and legislature to spin his tales, while state law prohibited them from telling their side or publicly discussing personnel issues.

When people who seek to provoke are left unchallenged, the often up their game and push harder, hoping to finally get the confrontation they seek. He followed that pattern. Eventually, he solicited the purchase of a silencer from someone, the possession of which is illegal in my state. In soliciting that purchase, he implied he was going to use it to kill two supervisors and two managers from our agency. BATF was notified and he was arrested as he took possession of the silencer in a controlled buy. He later made a direct threat to kill one of the supervisors.

He eventually plead guilty, but Federal sentencing guidelines called for either six months in Federal prison after which there would be no control over him, or five years probation during which he would be precluded from having contact with those managers and supervisors. The victims agreed on the latter. Naturally, he was fired.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• Aidokea
                    Aidokea commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sounds like a few we have on this forum...

Realize that most of these are extreme examples. More commonly, you see small squabbles, occasional blowups, and maybe a bit of long-term animosity. Remember that many of us see the people with work with nearly as much as our families and most of us didn't choose all of these specific people to be around...there's bound to be conflict.
                  "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                  -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Half of our dispatchers had restraining orders against the other half of them...

Comment

• not.in.MY.town
                      not.in.MY.town commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And your agency retained them? Are we talking civil or criminal restraining orders?

• Aidokea
                      Aidokea commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Civil. I suspect it had a lot to do with who was sleeping with who...

Recent article.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...wo4-story.html

Comment

• Aidokea
                      Aidokea commented
                      Editing a comment
                      20 year veteran female officer attacks younger 3 year rookie officer? I wonder if it is over the older female's baby-daddy taking up with the younger female...

I've been in some.

When I was an officer at another agency, a sergeant was giving me a profanity laced *** chewing in public for something I wasn't even responsible for. I told the sergeant I would meet out in the parking lot after work to settle it. We talked it over with the Captain at the time and that was the end of it. Actually liked working with that sergeant after that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4721 users online. 324 members and 4397 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X