Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withdrawing from an academy

Hello LEO's,

I am facing a situation with a recent death in the family, and some family issue while I am in the academy. I am only a few days into it, but I am afraid that I might have to withdrawl. I am doing this on a self sponsorship, so I am thinking that this might not be too big of a deal. I don't want to ruin any chances of becoming an LEO down the road, but I am not sure what the effect of doing something like this would be.

Thanks..

See if they will let you roll to next class. I don't know your situation but I can guarantee its probably happened before to someone else and they have a solution for you.

First try to work it out where you don't have to drop out or roll back a class. Check with the head of the academy before making any decisions they run the show and can tell you the protocol.
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Originally posted by JLH81 View Post
      Hello LEO's,

I am facing a situation with a recent death in the family, and some family issue while I am in the academy. I am only a few days into it, but I am afraid that I might have to withdrawl. I am doing this on a self sponsorship, so I am thinking that this might not be too big of a deal. I don't want to ruin any chances of becoming an LEO down the road, but I am not sure what the effect of doing something like this would be.

Thanks..
      This is a very personal decision for you, and it's going to be your call. If the arrangements/funeral were to take a day or two, I really don't see that as a problem as far as the Academy is concerned. Any longer could be. Why not talk the situation over with your family, and possibly the Academy Director. You might be able to work something out,and not have to withdraw.

Comment

So, my question is, if I do withdrawl, will this cause me to NOT be able to get into another Academy, or onto a PD down the road?

Comment

why should it? family first bud....anyone should see it that way.
          Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

they should allow you to get into the next class that is starting...or work with you to allow you to finish with your current class. at least that's how my dept works.
            "I didn't hit her so you can't take me to jail!"

"Be nice and loosen these cuffs up....come'on I was nice and tried not to bleed on the hood of your car."

Comment

Just because you withdraw doesn't DQ you from entering another class. But, definitely talk this over with the academy director and see what he/she/they can offer for you. The academy I attended had a "no refund" policy if you withdrew, so you'd be out money you invested into it. A couple of missed days won't hurt you. There were a couple of days I missed in the academy and it still lists 520 completed hours.
              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4374 users online. 287 members and 4087 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X