Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best way to apologize to a cop?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way to apologize to a cop?

Say someone did some really hurtful things during their arrest to the cops and they want to apologize. What is the best way to go about it?

Send a letter?

heheheheheheheheeeeeee I'll come back and answer this when I stop giggling.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Apologize in person AFTER court.
      Jerry
      "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Don't sweat it..we don't take things personal..it's just part of our job.
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrymaccauley View Post
          Apologize in person AFTER court.

The case has already been sentenced months ago.

Thank you though.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
            Don't sweat it..we don't take things personal..it's just part of our job.

Comment

I have to disagree with Deputy2 just a tiny bit...it all depends on what you did. I mean if you got a little irked,a little angry, and you cursed then yeah, I agree with her...however, if you whooped my rear end and put me in the hospital, then don't bother approaching me.
              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by citizenrights View Post
                Say someone did some really hurtful things during their arrest to the cops and they want to apologize. What is the best way to go about it?

Send a letter?

I think that is a good idea, I have tons of people apologize to me after being a jack-*** and I just go yea yea in my head. But if I were to receive a letter It might sink in a little more.

Comment

We dont take it personal. It's part of the job. The only times I've ever been apologized to were after court when the case had been settled. One important side note. DONT COME TO OUR HOMES TO APOLOGIZE. This could be detrimental to your health.
                  John 3:16

Comment

A nicely written letter will make both of you feel good.
                    I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

$25,000 in cash would be a nice way of reaching out. That, and a video of yourself drinking a gallon of keopectate and then doing fifty pushups on your knuckles while chanting, "I love cops...I love cops....I love cops..." would really say, I'm sorry.

Otherwise, just write a nice letter and say how you feel. Howe's that?
                      The All New
                      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                      - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by 1042 Trooper View Post
                        That, and a video of yourself drinking a gallon of keopectate and then doing fifty pushups on your knuckles while chanting, "I love cops...I love cops....I love cops..."
                        Leave it to a trooper to throw in push-ups.
                        I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

A letter would do nicely. It'll probably make his day to get it. I'm betting it would be appreciated.

Comment

Send a letter to him, his supervisor, and the newspaper about his professionalism. Then post that same letter on O.com so we can critique it

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

I recently got a letter from a subject I arrested for indecent exposure/disorderly conduct. The letter meant practically nothing to me because I know it was part of his probation. In other words, doing it on your own is different than being forced to. All that aside, I'd rather get letters than personal apologies. I don't know how to respond to an apology about something that didn't personally bother me to begin with.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6059 users online. 324 members and 5735 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X