Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rap music, anyone?

Good day, everyone!

I know that some law enforcement officers may not like or listen to rap/hip-hop music. Today, I would like to find out from those LEOs that DO listen to hip-hop, what artists/groups do you listen to. Also, to any LEOs that may not like hip-hop, but may instead enjoy a specific artist/song, feel free to go nuts and list 'em! Thanks for your responses!
    "A man is a fool if he tries to pet the dog that once bit him."- Cheif William Gillespie

I listen to BackSpin on sirius a lot (old school stuff), and every once in a while I'll listen to some new stuff. It looks kind of funny, this crazy white popo rollin through the ghetto listening to their music... but I'm fine with that.

Comment

No rap for me

I've been listening to alternative rock for the better part of twenty five years. This is a partial list of some of my favs...

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Incubus, Oasis, Bush(Glycerine still rocks today) third eye blind, Green Day, Offspring, U2, Relient K, Switchfoot
      "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

I don't normally listen to it. But recently a guy in my gym has been playing some (rather loudly too). So I started listening to the lyrics, and was surprized to learn that they were all Christian songs, but sung to a hip hop beat. I asked the guy and he told me that the group was called POD, which stands for Payment on Death (the idea that we all will have to pay for our sins upon meeting Jesus).

The music was quite good, I must say.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

The only rap music I listen to is from the hoopdie car just prior to me stopping it.
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

For the sake of being taken the wrong way i'll just say that I hate rap music.
            John 3:16

Comment

I listened to it for years through jr. high, high school, and the better part of college, but as I have aged, it seems to be getting worse. I don't know if it is the actual artists or my taste in music.

I will say that I listened to alot of the hip/hop rap that sung about the true times these artists faced in their lives/areas (NWA, Ice-T, Eazy-E, BDP, Public Enemy, etc).

Nowadays the lyrics don't talk about anything but gold teeth, "ho's", and how big their wheels are. They're not speaking (or teaching) anyone anything. Our agency has had to deal with Young Buck on a few occasions, and pretty much everytime he wanted to cause a scene. He was a punk all the way, and he figured he could be a bigger one just because he has money. He was wrong.
              I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

I used to listen to rap a lot, back in the day. But the hip hop that's out now doesn't quite appeal to me. I've allowed myself to listen to all types of music now (it's a long 8hrs alone in the car) and I'm not married to rap, like I was in my teens. But I will listen to Old school rap on satellite radio, once in a while.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

When i have the cruiser windows down on the crowded beach, i just love to sing RIDIN DIRTY

Comment

Mainly old school like what was stated above but I do like some JayZ now and again and others

Big Pimpin being one of my faves
                    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

I listen to it occasionally but usually rock like disturbed, linkin park, metallica, so on. The rap mainly just stuns people I had someone say he thought we weren't allowed to listen to it especially in the patrol car. I just laughed and took him to jail.
                      Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Yep, I listen...I do tend to gravitate to the slightly older stuff, but I'll proudly admit that you can catch me shaking my arse to the beat...I'm a hypocrit though...I don't allow my son to listen to it, but I'll slap my IPOD on and get moving. It's a good workout, too
                        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Can't deny that the hooks and beats they come up with are enjoyable. A lot of the new rock out there is the same rehashed stuff we've heard a million times before. The only better, "newer" band imo is My Chemical Romance. Still a big fan of NIN, GNR, Nirvana, and Metallica though.

I can usually listen to a whole album from 50 or Eminem, maybe half of a Jay-Z, and there are tons of one hit wonders out there. Timbaland seems to have a sick ear for the stuff he's been producing too.
                          What Delta said x2

Comment

In my dept, you usually ride in pairs. So the protocol is that the senior officer has first choice listening to the radio. If two officers are set partners, then you just flip though the stations.

Of course FTO is another animal.

In the station gyms, it's whoever's there first. Just like the T.V. in the lunch rooms and gyms.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilosophyNerd View Post
                              Good day, everyone!

I know that some law enforcement officers may not like or listen to rap/hip-hop music. Today, I would like to find out from those LEOs that DO listen to hip-hop, what artists/groups do you listen to. Also, to any LEOs that may not like hip-hop, but may instead enjoy a specific artist/song, feel free to go nuts and list 'em! Thanks for your responses!

Eminem is my favorite rapper.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5963 users online. 305 members and 5658 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X