300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone witnesses this traffic violation

I am turning left off of a two lane highway. Cars behind me and cars in front coming at me, I have to wait. To my right there is a turning lane with a solid white line.
    This happens every single day I see this. People don't stop behind me (or whomever is turning) they use that turn lane to go around the car trying to make that left. This is illegal here in MN but yet not too many know about it. Is it such a small fine that LEO's don't write tickets, or don't they ever see this like I do? What is the fine anyway?
    I am beginning to think that most motorists are ignorant of the fact that this is only allowed on a dotted line.

Oh and this is even better, if I am the one behind the car making a left, cars behind me will still go around both of us, then at the last second the car in front of me turns, I go and here we are 2 cars side by side on a two lane road.............. talk about stuuuuuuuuuuuuupit! What the heck do I do? Leave the idgit in front of me? Depends upon how far up he is to me already. Sometimes they go in front, sometimes they lose and stay behind and feel like the idgit they are.

One more question - is this illegal in all states? And why is this a violation, what is the danger here?

Originally posted by PosseRider View Post
    I am turning left off of a two lane highway. Cars behind me and cars in front coming at me, I have to wait. To my right there is a turning lane with a solid white line.
    This happens every single day I see this. People don't stop behind me (or whomever is turning) they use that turn lane to go around the car trying to make that left. This is illegal here in MN but yet not too many know about it. Is it such a small fine that LEO's don't write tickets, or don't they ever see this like I do? What is the fine anyway?
    I am beginning to think that most motorists are ignorant of the fact that this is only allowed on a dotted line.

Oh and this is even better, if I am the one behind the car making a left, cars behind me will still go around both of us, then at the last second the car in front of me turns, I go and here we are 2 cars side by side on a two lane road.............. talk about stuuuuuuuuuuuuupit! What the heck do I do? Leave the idgit in front of me? Depends upon how far up he is to me already. Sometimes they go in front, sometimes they lose and stay behind and feel like the idgit they are.

One more question - is this illegal in all states? And why is this a violation, what is the danger here?
    Depending on the agency, there may be other issues more pressing than this minor traffic violation. Also it may cause more of a backup problem for an officer to stop a violator and cause rubbernecking, than it would to just overlook it, Not every violation is a major one. And it's spelled stupid..not stupit.
    John 3:16

Comment

Thanks for the info.
      BTW my spelling of stupit and idgit are on purpose, it just gives the reader an idea of how it sounds if it were coming out of my mouth and you can actually hear it.
      lots of ways stoopit is another. just a form of humor. Sorry it was lost on you.

Comment

Those actions are also illegal here, but the issue that I encounter many times is that when I observe such activity, I am headed in the opposite direction and it's very difficult to turn around on a two lane road that has traffic. In addition, can I justify throwing on blue lights and causing everyone around me to slam on brakes and risk a wreck for something of that minor calibur? It's not always about what we see and/or don't see, it's often times being prudent in how far you should go to turn around and catch it.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I don't think you, or the motoring public realize this, but when we're in our patrol car...people usually drive the way they're supposed to. The situation that you just described occurs more frequently than you think. I've seen this quite often in my POV, but when I'm in my patrol car, drivers don't even think of it. If they do and then they see me, they continue to the next block and make their turn at the next intersection. But to answer your question: yes. It's illegal.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

The situation you describe is illegal in Alabama (Improper Lane Usage).

Comment

Originally posted by PosseRider View Post
              Thanks for the info.
              BTW my spelling of stupit and idgit are on purpose, it just gives the reader an idea of how it sounds if it were coming out of my mouth and you can actually hear it.
              lots of ways stoopit is another. just a form of humor. Sorry it was lost on you.
              Careful now...You may hurt my feelings and get banned for a personal attack.
              John 3:16

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3655 users online. 187 members and 3468 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X