This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkhorse6 View Post
    What is the meaning of the 10-2 code that you were using? No one knows what you are trying to say.
    Apparently 10-2 doesn't mean the same thing as it does here. But 10-96 is the same.

I wish he would 10-3 (Stop transmitting).

Comment

Originally posted by BlueLineStand View Post
      So you want me to tell you where I derived 10-2, 10-96, and anti-law enforcement designation from?

The police.

I’m relaying to you their designatory code usage on a level you’re clearly having comprehension issues with.

In order to give the narrative that is correct to the situation I can only use the narrative that is correct to the situation.

This department uses “10-2, 10-96, anti law enforcement” and if you’re left questioning that - it’s them you need to question.

You ARE, Henry Limpet!
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post

Apparently 10-2 doesn't mean the same thing as it does here. But 10-96 is the same.

I wish he would 10-3 (Stop transmitting).
        If you don’t like my 10-2 1A you swear to uphold as an officer you can 10-42 commenting in this thread. Hit unsubscribe.

Comment

So you want me to tell you where I derived 10-2, 10-96, and anti-law enforcement designation from?

The police.

I’m relaying to you their designatory code usage on a level you’re clearly having comprehension issues with.

In order to give the narrative that is correct to the situation I can only use the narrative that is correct to the situation.

This department uses “10-2, 10-96, anti law enforcement” and if you’re left questioning that - it’s them you need to question.

I’m having issues comprehending because I don’t know the agency or the state or the context of whatever 10 code you are using. The fault is not mine for lacking the ability to effectively communicate enabling others to properly answer the questions you are asking.

Your first mistake is expecting police officers from around the country to automatically know what you were talking about like we all live in the same area that you do. I would genuinely like to be able to answer whatever questions you might have because I like helping people. You are refusing to expound further on the situation or what it is you are actually looking for. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but police officers are not psychics or superheroes from marvel movies that can read other peoples thoughts.

Here’s a little bit of communication etiquette that applies to not only military and law-enforcement but civilian things as well. The first step of troubleshooting whether or not your messages are being received is checking everything on your end to make sure you’re not messed up first. If the individuals receiving the message aren’t receiving the full picture, the sender a.k.a. you, is the one responsible for correcting the issue. Your assumptions only makes an *** out of you, and not anyone else.
          US Army Veteran
          The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

If you don’t like my 10-2 1A you swear to uphold as an officer you can 10-42 commenting in this thread. Hit unsubscribe.
            Nutbag troll.

Comment

As Smurfette would usually reply, bless your heart...

Reach deep into that cranium of yours and try your hardest to use whatever is left. I’m HOPING you see the meaning of 10-2 as “receiving well” but based on your ability to receive information and communicate I can only assume you thought it meant something VERY different... like “the super sprinkle chocolate full auto assault doughnuts” that only cops are allowed to order and eat.

I know I spilled a secret squirrel cop secret just now, but I have a feeling you’ll never taste the flavor of our type of donuts ever never ever. Only people that use ten codes when communicating using actual words will suffer this fate. God have mercy on your soul.
              US Army Veteran
              The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

The police.

The Police? Interesting. Do you know how many agencies there are in the country that have that title? Did you know there is a band with the very same name as well? You’re obviously not looking for any genuine conversation and are trying to pick a fight with people over an online forum where your identity can remain hidden.

You came to this forum acting like Internet tough guy. Good for you. At least the trolls of the past actually gave it a good old fashioned college try... AND they never gave outlandish reasons for their username meanings either. You’re probably one that gets angry when someone says the phrase. “Facts don’t care about your feelings.”
                US Army Veteran

Comment

Uber Troll nutbag.

Comment

As said, 10 codes are not universal. FYI, the following are just some of the 10 codes we used in the department I retired from:

10-1 = your radio transmission is intelligible/your radio transmission isn't coming in clear
                    10-2 = your radio transmission is coming in clear/your radio transmission is coming in clear
                    10-4 = acknowledged or okay
                    10-6 = busy
                    10-7 = out of service
                    10-8 = in service
                    10-9 = repeat your radio traffic
                    10-10 = subject ran possibly has wants/warrants so take precautions
                    10-15 = subject being transported in unit not in custody
                    10-15 = a person in custody
                    10-20 = location
                    10-22 = disregard
                    10-23 = arrived at location
                    10-25 = to meet with
                    10-27 = driver license or ID card/driver license/ID card status
                    10-28 = vehicle registration
                    10-29 = wants/warrants check
                    10-30 = fueling unit
                    10-36 = time
                    10-42 = officer's home
                    signal 65 = a dead person
                    PCO = literally "Protective Custody Order" but only used by officers in my department to refer to someone who has mental problems/crazy. "Damn, dude, that chick I picked up at the bar last night and banged turned out to be PCO!"

With those above 10 codes, now you will have a larger vocabulary in which to communicate with.

Comment

• westside popo
                      westside popo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      A lot of those are the same here but the others aren't even close.
                      We also have a 10-13 and a 1013 (also spoken as ten thirteen). A 10-13 is a weather report. A 1013 is the form the doctor completes on a person with mental health issues, wanting to hurt themselves or others.

When I was in Florida they had different 10 codes and Signal codes.

Originally posted by darkhorse6 View Post

The Police? Interesting. Do you know how many agencies there are in the country that have that title? Did you know there is a band with the very same name as well? You’re obviously not looking for any genuine conversation and are trying to pick a fight with people over an online forum where your identity can remain hidden.

You came to this forum acting like Internet tough guy. Good for you. At least the trolls of the past actually gave it a good old fashioned college try... AND they never gave outlandish reasons for their username meanings either. You’re probably one that gets angry when someone says the phrase. “Facts don’t care about your feelings.”
                    I quote that actually.

I’m not on here trying to act internet tough.

I’m still 10-2, cordial, and have been the entire time. I’m sorry I’m not up on the proper lingo, I can’t understand where the constant need/desire for insults come from. You are the trolls, not myself.

I came on here seeking honest clarification lacking a response from
                    the Chief.

The fact you consider 10-2, cordial, respectful conversation as trolling says more about your 1096 than mine.

Your follow ups will consist of more trolling insults that you consider 10-2 that I can’t bring myself to do in return because I maintain more decency.

The username explanation is the truth. As a cop would you prefer I lie.

You’re the one who assumed my name had something to do with praise and glory for the blue line due to some narcissistic personality defect ego trip.

Comment

I quote that actually.

I’m not on here trying to act internet tough.

I’m still 10-2, cordial, and have been the entire time. I’m sorry I’m not up on the proper lingo, I can’t understand where the constant need/desire for insults come from. You are the trolls, not myself.

I came on here seeking honest clarification lacking a response from
                      the Chief.

The fact you consider 10-2, cordial, respectful conversation as trolling says more about your 1096 than mine.

Your follow ups will consist of more trolling insults that you consider 10-2 that I can’t bring myself to do in return because I maintain more decency.

The username explanation is the truth. As a cop would you prefer I lie.

You’re the one who assumed my name had something to do with praise and glory for the blue line due to some narcissistic personality defect ego trip.
                      Nope.

10-2 means “well received” in most areas.

If you cared to read my initial posts, you’d have learned that clarification is needed because your questions are very vague. You have to realize that when you leave things to the imagination, the message WILL be distorted.

You seem offended because people have assumed things. You being clear and concise with your initial posts would have prevented all of it. You are dealing with people that are very good at sniffing out B.S.

Your vague questions will net you this vague answer. Pay attention now...

You will not get answers to what you seek due to your inability to adequately share your perspective to others that do not share your perspective. Is this clarification 10-2 enough for you?
                      US Army Veteran

Comment

Here’s more food for thought. Every response given to you is absolutely correct because of how you asked your questions. Figure out why that is and you’ll be on the right track. Knowledge is power, and a valuable resource when correctly used.
                        US Army Veteran

Comment

Speaking in code shows us you are a narrow minded narcissistic nut.

Here's a Shinebox. Earn a wage.

Comment

All questions have been asked and answered. Closing the thread.
                            BlueLineStand: If you come here, to a police-positive and supportive forum, posting questions about why you are perceived as anti-LE, arguing with LE in the process and insinuating insults, you shouldn't be surprised at the responses you get. If you remain polite and courteous, you will be allowed to stay. If not, you will be banned.
                            FYI: Not all agencies use the same 10-codes or Signals. Your post, for an officer in Maryland, is jibberish.
                            sigpic
                            The Web's Source for Law Enforcement
                            PM for Technical Support or visit our contact page.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5776 users online. 358 members and 5418 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X