300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retirement Question (NY)

Anyone here know anything about the NYS Retirement System?

I keep hearing different things regarding this. I’m trying to figure out if going from the Police and Fire system to a sheriffs office system, if your time counts on the front end or back end?

I did the last 5 years, full time civil service, in Police and Fire for a city here in NY, and just transferred to a local sheriffs office. I’m currently Tier 6. Does my 5 years go on the front and I’m eligible after 15 years or do I have to complete 20 now and at 20 I’ll have 25 in?

Thanks I’m advance!

Post it here

https://forum.officer.com/forum/loca...tates/new-york
    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Yeah I did that yesterday but received no responses after 110 views. Was looking for a broader group to see if someone would have any information.

Comment

The best way to get answers to these questions is call them.
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Probably something you should have looked into before taking the new position as that's something important to know and definitely deciding factors. Good luck!

Comment

It is pretty easy to figure out. If you left a police job outside NYC and took a position in a Sheriff’s Dept., good chance they are in the same pension system. Quick call to the Pension people can answer all your questions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4374 users online. 234 members and 4140 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X