300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Age to Purchase Semi-Automatic Rifle in WA

Hello, I am a 16 year old citizen in WA state. I enjoy hunting and have an active hunting license and an old bolt action rifle. I have a perfectly clean record. My question is this, does the hunting license exception apply to purchasing semi automatic rifles. I realize that most likely none of you live in my state and so do not know the exact rules. However, you might have some insight into how your own state works. I have researched this, but cannot find this specific exemption mentioned in the laws. Thank you for your service.

Go to a gun shop that sells them. Talk with one of the gun shop employees. They have a vested interest in knowing all the purchasing gun laws and exemptions.

Comment

Should have thought of that. I was surprised that I couldn't find anything on the internet as to legality of purchase. Thanks.

Comment

Under RCW 9.41.040(2)(a)(v), it is a crime to possess a firearm if you are under the age of 18, unless possession is permissible under one of the exceptions listed in RCW 9.41.042. Under federal law it is illegal to sell a firearm to someone who is under 18 years old.

Washington State gun laws.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41

Comment

That settles it. Thank you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4764 users online. 328 members and 4436 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X