300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteer Reserve Police Officer?

Hello, a Volunteer Reserve Police Officer position opened up in my city and I was just curious how much would this help in future hiring?

Thanks alot,
    -Chad

Originally posted by Chadwick View Post
    Hello, a Volunteer Reserve Police Officer position opened up in my city and I was just curious how much would this help in future hiring?
    Probably a lot. Some agencies use their reserve force as a "farm team," hiring almost exclusively from those ranks. In any event, so long as you do a good job, it's bound to be a plus.
    Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

It will do nothing but help you in the long run! You will get to see things from our side of the thin blue line and make a determination if this is what you want to do for a career.

Some reserve programs are very active and allow you to go out on patrol with a partner. You won't answer calls, but you probably can show up to a call after a sworn officer has arrived. Others restrict activities to parades and special events. Research that portion before you make a decision to join up.

I reserved for a couple years with an agency nearby. I loved every minute of it (except for the hot @ss days during the summer festival). My agency was active and I got to go to a wide variety of calls (including domestics, bar fights, car accidents, etc...).

Good luck!
      The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Reserve Officer

Can't hurt you at all!!

Comment

They're excellent programs (with the right training included) that provide you with an opportunity to check out the job/department while the department has the opportunity to check you out!
          "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Thank you guys for the helpful responses. I wasn't really planning on sticking with the same department that I am thinking about reserving for, so I was wondering how much it would help for applying to future departments. So far from your responses though I think I will go ahead and pursue it. Thanks alot

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5434 users online. 307 members and 5127 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X